Sponsored

Jumped Ship!

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
After owning 4 Mustangs over 25 years, I just jumped ship to Dodge! Traded the Mustang GT-PP on a 17 Charger Daytona Scatpack last night. Apparently the Daytona package is new for 17 and it makes the Scatpack much closer to the SRT trim; wheels, tires, brakes, from the Hellcat/SRT, aftermarket like cold air kit, and it's own, slightly different interior.

Mostly, I was just ready for something a little different with more space and also had decent equity in the mustang. It didn't help that the Mustang's Brembos had started to squeal, though I may very well have that issue with the Charger as well down the road. We'll see.

It was rainy and cold as I quickly transferred my junk from the Mustang to the new ride. Definitely tough to drive away from it and see it sitting in the rain in strange hands (felt like leaving a loyal dog in the cold!), but the awesome exhaust note of the 6.4L helped me get over that soon enough.

First impressions of the Charger are promising. Did 2-3 walkarounds after getting the car home in my garage and did not notice any of the panel fit issues I had when first bringing home the S550 (though I still haven't checked out the new car in direct sun). The gaps aren't perfect, but are pretty good for an American car. The sound of the big Hemi is just awesome. The car has most of the available options and the cabin is much nicer than I realized it would be.

I've not been a very frequent poster here, but always appreciated the feedback when I did (even the debates), so thanks to all! I'm sure I'll be back into the Mustang fold at some point in the future!
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Congrats on the new ride. I had a 2007 300c SRT8 a number of years ago. Loved it even with just he 6.1.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Congrats but I ask, why would you want to drive a tank? lol Hopefully you don't regret it in a few months.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Congrats! The 392 Daytona is a damn good deal and a great car. Just be advised that mods are not nearly as plentiful as they are with the Mustang.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with the car it will run 12.1's stock on street tires 11's on dr's. big car big motor but you can take the whole family to Florida and have fun while doing it!

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Congrats but I ask, why would you want to drive a tank? lol Hopefully you don't regret it in a few months.
It is tank, no doubt! I'll miss the Mustang's nimble handling for sure. But the positive side of that trade off is loads of interior space, which is something I was after.

It was funny when I pulled into my garage for the first time and parked beside my wife's BMW X3, the Challenger is a good foot longer than the SUV!

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Good luck with the car it will run 12.1's stock on street tires 11's on dr's. big car big motor but you can take the whole family to Florida and have fun while doing it!
Thanks! This was exactly the appeal to me.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Awesome and congrats! Need pics! I've been heavily considering the same trade.

EDIT:

Just became closer to happening. Dodge Charger Daytona is available in Go Green! I wonder what I can sell my car for!

Last edited:

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Congrats! I had a 14 Charger R/T that I loved dearly and have a scatpack challenger now. Enjoy the newfound low end torque!

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car, please post pics right now or else.

TC :paddle::paddle:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Thanks guys, will try to post some pics up. For some reason I've never been able to upload pics here. Looks just like the pick Dominant posted, but mine is black with ghosted, satin black Daytona decals, and satin black wheels.
Sponsored