Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Here's the first golden post:
So, a friend of the family who is a corporate lawyer for one of GM's suppliers and his brother went on a tour last week of one of the suppliers for some Camaro parts facility (I think he said they make something to do with the gauge clusters). His brother is a car guy, and Mustang owner actually, asked the manager how they were doing with the Camaro sales being low. He was told they are actually over the projected numbers for the parts. So take it for what it's worth, but it seems like the numbers are just where GM planned them to be, and if anything a little better. I've said it before, it's not just about sales numbers when it comes to making the net profit you want...
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Did you guys know we are the only ones who really care about sales?

I guess all those months upon months on Camaro5, reading monthly sales boasting were all just fits of fantasy.
Don't worry! The Camaro will be out of production again. Then they will bring it back again in 10 years and call it the 70th anniversary edition. History repeats itself

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Here's the first golden post:
It's easy to say sales numbers are up. Of course they are up from 2004 lmao. Also of course they are making a profit, the parts are made in China lol.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Nothing over there makes sense. They act like the only sales GM has is the Camaro because they keep talking about how GM sales are up and their profits. It's as if they forget the 42 models GM sells.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Nothing over there makes sense. They act like the only sales GM has is the Camaro because they keep talking about how GM sales are up and their profits. It's as if they forget the 42 models GM sells.
I enjoyed reading your posts, too. Just hope you don't get banned soon:thumbsup:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Wow.

Ford with yet another good month. The S550 is a big time hit. Camaro just keeps taking it on the chin. Brand new only a few months old completely new generation being lauded by many in the media and even with 0% financing this is the best GM could do?!

Not looking good...

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Looks like GM just put the ZL1 ahead of the Z06 in terms of power in hopes they can push sales with an even bigger halo car. These guys are getting desperate.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
wow outsold by challengers again. Was suprised to see mustang sales actually up this month over last year

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
This thread is entertaining lol I'm hoping to add to the cause in late September. I come from the VW/Audi scene and there's no rivalry like this. It's really all peace and love when it comes to the Euro stuff.

Before the S550, A Mustang was never on my radar. But like most car guys, I get that itch every few weeks or so (what's in my budget that has more power, better handling, nicer styling etc.). I've only owned my 2016 GTI for a year (2 VWs before that) but it's so stoic, almost to a fault. It's a great car but I wanted a "young and dumb" car (I'm 24) before life gets in the way. So I started shopping. Nothing could check the right boxes completely. Then I found Koons and the S550 :D

What I couldn't believe was the price. 435hp for under 30K? I thought it was BS. I did some research. Learned about the new IRS and front suspension. The Coyote. Watched "A Faster Horse" and saw the car getting developed. I was impressed. Then I found the community. The VW scene is HUGE and it's all love. I lurked here a bit and felt that it was the same vibe. Then I learned about the huge aftermarket (similar to VW).

So, I went from a Euro only guy who would probably get buried in a VW to someone who can't stop thinking about a damn Mustang. As a completely unbiased potential customer, I think Ford knocked this one out the park. The sales numbers surely reflect converts like I who've seen the brilliance of the new S550.

The Camaro is completely out of my price range, it looks like it was designed by Optimus Prime, and apparently can't be seen out of. I can't imagine anyone other than a Chevy fanboy buying it. It's like the Golf R (even though the Golf R is a fantastic automobile). VW doesn't price it competitively because they know it's a fanboy car.

tl;dr Chevy brought caviar to a cookout and somehow Ford got me to want a muscle car. :cheers:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Ok you guys are going a bit too far now. Keep in mind one thing, when the 5th Gen Camaro was introduced, they consistently outsold the Mustang every year up until the S550 was introduced. And there were only a few months in there where the Mustang outsold the Camaro. Ford is ahead now. I think it is because the Camaro was much better looking than the Mustang from 2010-2015. And people suffered thru the horrible visibility because the looks made up for it. But now that the Mustang is better looking, and the Camaro re-design is just hideous (as well as over-priced and they still didn't address the visibility), there is no wonder why the Camaro isn't selling. Even the Challenger is outselling the Camaro. I personally think the Chally is a horrible performance bang to the buck. But I would probably buy one over a Camaro. I mean, the Camaro is just a very ugly car now. I think GM is gonna have to give it an emergency make-over very very soon.

But I also think the reason is that Ford is giving out great deals for optioned out GTs. So far I've seen a LOT of Premium PP GTs in the high 30s to low 40s. The SS out the door is over 50 for the optioned out ones and these dealerships are acting like they're sitting on gold. You can't be arrogant about a car that doesn't sell...

But anyway, I mean, come on guys, have some class. All this going over there and posting what they're saying over here is kinda childish.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
"The camaro is a combination of 3 cars in one Cadillac ats and corvette .the mustard got no other car to share sales with .i'm happy with that.don't want to see my car every 5 minutes"

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
wow outsold by challengers again. Was suprised to see mustang sales actually up this month over last year
Ford's 0% for 60 months in July might have helped July numbers a bit?
Sponsored