jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
And the audio portion of the build continues...added a Zapco DSP to the setup...WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE :D. Decided to forgo coaxial speakers in the back...not needed or worth it. So not only do I love driving in my car...I love listening to music in it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Well...might as well update the journal...at 93k...still running strong, but I am starting to prepare for my 100k service which might occur in 4 to 5 months (really slowed down with the amount of driving I am doing since moving back to southern CA). That said...car is great, replaced kenwood amplifier with Jl audio amplifier after kenwood failed. Also down graded to the 85 octane MPT tune just to pay less in gas. Car seems to be a little more sluggish off the line and in acceleration, but this might be due to needing to change spark plugs. Also looks like I might need to change brake pads soon as well as serpentine belt...but this is to be expected.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Glad it's still running well, within the next month I'll be crossing 36k on mine, just a little ahead of the "average" 12k per year since I got mine in January 2017.

Did you ever finish with the carbon fiber you were working on? Curious how it's been holding up if you did finish it.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Glad it's still running well, within the next month I'll be crossing 36k on mine, just a little ahead of the "average" 12k per year since I got mine in January 2017.

Did you ever finish with the carbon fiber you were working on? Curious how it's been holding up if you did finish it.
@Nagare, well the carbon fiber I was working on did not turn out well, so I abandoned it...but other than that, the car has been doing great. I am a little worries about the water pump even though no sign of leaking since this has been a problm with the V6's in the past. How is your car doing?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How is your car doing?
Too bad on the carbon fiber, it was looking neat! But I totally get it being a pain with the peeling off and not holding shape properly.

For my car, both tail lights are showing stress fractures from the inside and when I stopped by the dealership yesterday, my service advisor submitted the claims and they both got denied due to "impact" so he's supposed to be fighting that for me and going to let me know this week hopefully...cosmetic either way at this point so not that concerned really.

The real issue is I'm getting paint bubbling and chipping on both sides of the rear glass now and that one IS going to be covered, they said it would take about 3-4 days all said and done so once I hear back on the tail lights, I'll schedule that one to be taken care of.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Hi everyone...been a long time since I have posted...unfortunately I have sad news.

I recently had an accident in the car and insurance has totaled it. R.I.P (rest in pieces...lol?) Bob...fantastic car.... lots of fun and memories. Thank you. Guess I am signing off from the forum at this point as my next car will not be a mustang (thankfully I still have my mother's 1970 mustang convertible).

IMG_1441.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: