Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You've obviously never worked in a dealership. Service department and Sales departments hate each other and are usually staffed by the opposite climate of folks. Most of your enthusiasts are in service. Sales people are fly by night and last only a month. They do shit like this and get canned/high fived/shamed out of the company.

If you buy a used car and expect it to never be beat on, especially a shelby, I don't know what bubble you're living in. If I bought a Shelby, I'd beat on it because duh, it's a Shelby and sounds amazing. Lets hear this thing sing. Then if I traded it in, it's synonymous that its been beat on some. What do you expect. If you want a car you can guarantee has never been beat on, buy it new.
Well I own a automotive service business and yeah it's not dealer owned or a car sales business but I do not agree with their practices. If I was the potential buyer of this car and seen this video I'd walk away. And as far as owning a Shelby, yeah I have one and I don't beat the shit out of my cars, and if I decided to that's my choice. But I wouldn't flaunt it by posting a public video of it and act like a fucking 16 year old redneck that can't even drive a stick for shit. This car is for sale and chances of the new owner ever seeing this might be slim to none. If you enjoy doing this to your car have at it.
Hitting speed bumps, jerking the clutch, etc is dumb as hell. Sorry but I do not agree with you. If I ever decided to sell my GT350 (which I don't as of now) but if I ever did, the new owner would have one that's better then new.
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Well I own a automotive service business and yeah it's not dealer owned or a car sales business but I do not agree with their practices. If I was the potential buyer of this car and seen this video I'd walk away. And as far as owning a Shelby, yeah I have one and I don't beat the shit out of my cars, and if I decided to that's my choice. But I wouldn't flaunt it by posting a public video of it and act like a fucking 16 year old redneck that can't even drive a stick for shit. This car is for sale and chances of the new owner ever seeing this might be slim to none. If you enjoy doing this to your car have at it.
Hitting speed bumps, jerking the clutch, etc is dumb as hell. Sorry but I do not agree with you. If I ever decided to sell my GT350 (which I don't as of now) but if I ever did, the new owner would have one that's better then new.
Well I will back up for a moment and say, errant beating of a car by basically fast and furious jumping it is purely stupid. Really my only retort was that people will run the cars hard, shift them hard, throw them into corners, etc. It's what they are made to do. So when I think of a car being "beat on", aka what I just stated, it's kind of like telling me a fish is wet. It's the nature of the car to be aggressively driven.

Besides, running a car hard is never the problem with wear and tear. It's improper maintenance for that type of car with that type of driving. If you keep the fluids fresh, stay on top of wear, and maintain a car correctly you can drive it like a race car all you want.

These dudes were just tool bags and beat the shit out of the car. I wouldn't look at a used Shelby anywhere without the thought that it's been rode hard and put up wet.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Annnnnd he pulled it down.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
He owned the car. The dealer is selling the car. Totally different
Whow...... Take 'er easy, I agree. something lost in the written word.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed, video was just published so I'm guessing its after he traded it in. I cant see why they would put the 16 sticker on a brand new car with an owner already waiting either

Hill Country GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Seeing as how it's a tech pack, I was waiting with baited breath for it to spontaneously combust from an overheated tranny. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking that this happened after he traded it in. Not too many dealerships will do these sort of vids with new cars. They didn't hurt it.
Oh ya...this is why I dont buy used cars. :D
Sponsored