JLT Performance

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I took out the Mach 1 today on a drive to Portsmouth, Va. I was looking for a new store there and pulled off the road to some tiny side street to call them. I noticed a truck behind me sitting there. Pulled away and he followed me blowing the horn. I stopped and he came up to my car and said he loved my Mach 1, the first he had seen on the road. Then he hands me a card, he works for JLT Performance. He wants me to get with them and try out some new gear for free, an induction unit on my car for testing. I couldn't talk and he said to call him Monday. I would love to do this but what if the testing damages my car? I have a lot of questions for them so we'll see. I just thought this was pretty weird.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Best damn catch can on the market IMHO. Their CAI is excellent too. If you get an updated CAI out of the deal, go for it I say. I'm betting they are wanting live testing for an updated version of the current one. They are always trying to get around the heat soak issue as that affects hp/tq.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Best damn catch can on the market IMHO. Their CAI is excellent too. If you get an updated CAI out of the deal, go for it I say. I'm betting they are wanting live testing for an updated version of the current one. They are always trying to get around the heat soak issue as that affects hp/tq.
I talked with them today. They want to try a new CAI for the Mach 1. The inlet tube is 10MM bigger. Then they want to make an installation video. He's also going to dyno it. They want the car for a day, will not be driving the car. I can hang around all day or watch the dyno and they will give me one of their cars for the day. In return they'll let me keep it or take a bunch of accessories like a coolant, strut and a master cylinder cover, new air filter. I just don't know if I want them using it as a test bed and it's a 2 1/2 hr drive each way.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Hell, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Years ago I let Oscar Jackson use my Miata as a testbed for his new s c kit and some electronics goodies. https://jacksonracing.com/about-us/

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I talked with them today. They want to try a new CAI for the Mach 1. The inlet tube is 10MM bigger. Then they want to make an installation video. He's also going to dyno it. They want the car for a day, will not be driving the car. I can hang around all day or watch the dyno and they will give me one of their cars for the day. In return they'll let me keep it or take a bunch of accessories like a coolant, strut and a master cylinder cover, new air filter. I just don't know if I want them using it as a test bed and it's a 2 1/2 hr drive each way.
i would be pretty tempted if i was you! i would definitely hang around and get some video/pics. would at the very least be a cool story that stays with your car

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Do it!
They won't hurt the car.
When my 2011 GT was brand new, Magnuson Superchargers asked to borrow it to prototype a new blower. I missed the car badly while it was gone for weeks, but I got a beautiful Grabber Blue supercharger for free--and it was CARB approved.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If it's free, why not? Probably not going to be any gains over the stock intake though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do it! The CAI sounds like a no tune required version. Sounds like youā€™ll be getting $500-$600 in free merch. The Mach 1 can handle a CAI without issue. Lastly, you will have a baseline dyno run on the car from which youā€™ll be able to track future gains when modding.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The 2 1/2 hour drive will be a good opportunity for you to enjoy your new car that you just paid good money for. I would wait while they do it though. Thatā€™s too far to go back and forth. I would also tell them that youā€™d be willing to lend them your car for any future parts development provided theyā€™re free. Let somebody tell me that about a part(s) that Iā€™d like to have and Iā€™m on it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yup, this is a can't go wrong deal of a lifetime.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Do it! The CAI sounds like a no tune required version. Sounds like youā€™ll be getting $500-$600 in free merch. The Mach 1 can handle a CAI without issue. Lastly, you will have a baseline dyno run on the car from which youā€™ll be able to track future gains when modding.
Isnt the stock Mach 1 intake considered a CAI?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Isnt the stock Mach 1 intake considered a CAI?
It sure is. A drop in aftermarket filter should produce slightly better results than the factory filter. I only changed mine on my Bullitt because I had to, in order to accommodate my nitrous setup. If it hadnā€™t been for that, Iā€™d still be running it, but with an aftermarket filter element on it.
Sponsored