Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The first gear ratio is similar. Every gear after that is vastly different, especially the ridiculous spread from 3rd to 4th (which you need to shift into before crossing the 1/4 mile) in the MT82

I’m just saying what the GT350 (and, in turn, the Mach 1) is capable of. Sure, your average joe will be running mid-high 12s or maybe even 13s, but a pro driver can run much faster (for example, Evan Smith who ran an 11.7 in a stock GT350R)
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Interesting. I'm an old guy and had a very hard time either not spinning or bogging on takeoff. Sideways worried about cooking the clutch.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The cup 2s need heat before they grip the 4s's not so much. Not sure how the cup 2s behave with a decent burnout.

On my MX5 there is not much grip for acceleration or lateral grip with Cup 2s when they are cold. On road circuit it takes some laps before they have heat in them(car is very light). Once they are up in temp it a night and day difference in grip compared to the cold state.

On my 18GT(A10) I had 305 4s tires there was some wheelspin 1-2 and 2-3 on the street in track/dragmode (with traction completely off).

On a drag strip there will be other factors that are as important as the tires I guess.

My best timed run was 12.2/402(dragy) on the street with the 4s tires. I didn't do that many runs to be honest, maybe it would have been possible to do a better time.

My guess is with the A10 on the street a 11.9-12 might is possible with the Cup2s if they are heated. But we need to consider that the aero on the HP will most likely have some impact(on the trap speed) and also the weight of the Mach 1 will most likely be higher compared to a regular GT with the added coolers.

For me the street/road circuit performance are of importance.
Sponsored

Last edited: