JLT Intake fitment help

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Anyone with this intake, did you run into the filter being shoved into the metal brace on the drivers side of the engine compartment?

Mine has the filter element wedged hard up against a sharp corner, and will be tearing through soon with engine movement. I cut a piece of rubber hose to shield it, but there is nothing to hold it in place.

Only way I can see to fix it is either beating down or sawing off the metal (hell no), or grinding the JLT intake box where the intake tube comes in, relieving it on the rear edge to let the tube and filter tilt slightly further in.

Pics:
EZQuKA.jpg

AfcKLz.jpg

GHHmWi.jpg

1Cvrok.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Cool

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ok, watched the video for CJPP, noticed theirs seems tilted higher off the throttle body. Loosened it a bit and twisted, has a bit of clearance now. Will see how it moves when running.

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
The filter should be touching any part of the car.
When fully installed in the coupler and on the throttle body the filter will sit in it's intended spot.

I've done a full day on the road course with the filter touching nothing.

Can you please ask an admin to remove this thread as the title leads to believe there is an issue.

Thanks
Jay

OP
OP
2Cool

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
There is an issue: incomplete instructions. Having to search Youtube for installation videos in order to see how it is supposed to sit is an issue. If this post happens to help someone who runs into the same problem, good.

For example, your two pictures show the filter sitting at two different angles, with different clearances on the frame. The bottom one is close to what I have now, and is the best I can get, yet the top of the filter still rests on the car sheetmetal. It will work, and not tear the filter element, but took some tweaking to sit even that well.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Can you please ask an admin to remove this thread as the title leads to believe there is an issue.

Thanks
Jay
Perhaps the thread title could be changed so that we could see that you took the time to view and respond to this. I think it would be beneficial to see you want your customers to have a positive experience. Thanks for your efforts!

Sponsored

OP
OP
2Cool

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
I will send a PM to an admin to change the thread title, probably to something more like "JLT install hints" or somesuch.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I will send a PM to an admin to change the thread title, probably to something more like "JLT install hints" or somesuch.
If you hit the EDIT button in the lower right hand corner of the initial post, then press "Advanced" from the next screen, you should be able to edit the title yourself without admin intervention.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Only issue I seem to have is the attaching the inlet tube (or whatever you want to call it) to the stock fitting coming from the front bumper. The stock airbox uses a rubber fitment where the JLT is plastic on plastic

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD

Thanks
Jay
Since when does a forum allow a vendor to say what can and can not be said about their product? This is odd.

Sponsored

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Since when does a forum allow a vendor to say what can and can not be said about their product? This is odd.

I think the title is misleading, hence the request.

OP
OP
2Cool

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
If you hit the EDIT button in the lower right hand corner of the initial post, then press "Advanced" from the next screen, you should be able to edit the title yourself without admin intervention.
Thanks for that help, and done.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD