Sponsored

JL 13TW5 box?

Darthy Jo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1986 Panther Kallista
Coming from a truck, I have a JL 13TW5 with a sweet custom box from MTI from my F-150. It was behind the rear seats with a 2" seat-forward kit. It thumped well enough, but I think I was limiting myself with an LC2i instead of a DSP off the stock deck. I've seen some examples of thin subs in the OEM Mustang sub location, but I don't have that box. Has anyone put a 13" in one of those? I want a bit better on the low lows, and I'm not opposed to another solution.

The amp is an Alpine S-A60M. Stealth isn't a priority, but would be great. Currently looking at the Alpine Halo R-SB12V and selling the JL/box combo. Definitely not stealth, but with a DSP, should suit.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
For that driver it's all custom work.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’d keep the sub if you like it. For a thin line sub those are fantastic and don’t require a lot of air space. But as Cathul said, you’ll need a custom box for it.

OP
OP
Darthy Jo

Darthy Jo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1986 Panther Kallista
It's one of those things that I could go either way on. I like the sub, especially it's physical profile for trunk space, but wouldn't mind some better low-lows. Maybe a DSP will help with that, IDK.

Maybe I'll give it a try going custom. If it doesn't work out well, I can sell the sub/F-150 box and recoup some cash over something else.

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored