1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2020/11/14/jim-pace-dead-covid-19-rolex-24-imsa/

Very sad news indeed. So young and healthy. I have know three people personally that have contracted this virus. The 95 year old mother of one of my friends that I knew a little, died. One of my 60 year old healthy employees was off for over two months and now after three additional months still not the same. leg pain extreme and overall exhaustion. Then a very strong 27 year old male that after 6 months still suffers from extreme exhaustion. He caught it from a friend of his that tested positive (testing required where he works), knew he tested positive and still continued to be active with his friend without telling them. Please be careful out there, you dont know who you will infect or catch this from. I do not fear it, but I sure respect it and those around me.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep; that damn virus sure doesn't discriminate. I'm battling cancer, and if I catch it, I'd be done... but I don't fear it either. Even with massive outbreaks everywhere (I live in El Paso, TX, where hospitals have been at capacity for a while), if we take simple precautions, we should be fine. But yes, that involves sacrifices like not getting together with family and friends who can't or don't want to avoid risk. My 2 daughters have roommates, and they're still seeing friends, so we won't be getting together during the holidays this year. They're not being careless, but definitely taking more risks than we're comfortable with, so we'll be alone this year. Hopefully this crap will be mostly over my mid-2021. Be safe gang.

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Yep; that damn virus sure doesn't discriminate. I'm battling cancer, and if I catch it, I'd be done... but I don't fear it either. Even with massive outbreaks everywhere (I live in El Paso, TX, where hospitals have been at capacity for a while), if we take simple precautions, we should be fine. But yes, that involves sacrifices like not getting together with family and friends who can't or don't want to avoid risk. My 2 daughters have roommates, and they're still seeing friends, so we won't be getting together during the holidays this year. They're not being careless, but definitely taking more risks than we're comfortable with, so we'll be alone this year. Hopefully this crap will be mostly over my mid-2021. Be safe gang.
Sorry to hear about your battle with cancer. I truly hope you kick its ass. My daughter is due to have a baby any day now so we have cut all unnecessary contact because we want to see our new Grandson and not give him or my daughter any unwanted gifts.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
RIP. The virus is scary. Most get off relatively easily, while some are killed or left debilitated. We need to be like the "greatest generation", unite, and overcome this pandemic.
Sponsored