J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You dont get it.

It's not about whether an item X is worth Y. It's about the manufacturer of an item X saying the item X is worth Z but some asshole for the sake of making easy money on the side charging Y instead of Z. It's simple as that.

A company like Ford says GT350 should be word 50k. They have done the R&D and all the analysis for the production costs as well as everything else. Anything beyond that, even a single $1, is idiotic.

So iphone 8 comes out on September 20th with fully transparent screen 360 degrees. Its sold out everywhere and now Bestbuy is charging 20% markup. If you have to have it, you must pay is $50 extra. You say, oh what is $50 more to me, I just want to get the latest and greatest and enjoy it.

It's not about the car, or what it's worth. It's about wastefulness and mentality. Collectively by paying markups, we fail and hurt each other. Do you understand?
Manufacturing cost and suggested retail price which considers the cost of the car and X profit margins, does not define the value or worth of a car whatsoever. By your logic, every classic car, or collectors car from years bygone, cars that are coveted by many, should be sold today at less than what they originally sold at years ago. That logic is idiotic.

MSRP does not factor worth or value whatsoever. It is simply X cost of the car plus X + % profit. That's it.

I can agree somewhat to your last statement, but when are we seeing markups on regular items? There are very few items in any market that are selling with markups, and specialty cars are one of the very few. Performance cars, and especially very unique cars, are most often emotional choices. They are not logical, sensible, or practical at all. So your entire basis is just silly. Like I said, anyone worrying about market value shouldn't be really looking at a car like this or in this price range to begin with.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It's called capitalism. What communist country are you from?
No it's not called capitalism. Entire Europe as well as a large portion of Asian countries including Japan, HongKong, etc are non communist countries who enjoy westerner economy and you will NEVER see this kind of wastefulness, arrogance, and overall ignorance in their culture. This is unfortunately a problem with our country. Call it what you want and the way you react only shows how little you know about what goes on beyond our borders (very sad).

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
So does this count as another ADM thread? I think it should be merged with that one.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Manufacturing cost and suggested retail price which considers the cost of the car and X profit margins, does not define the value or worth of a car whatsoever. By your logic, every classic car, or collectors car from years bygone, cars that are coveted by many, should be sold today at less than what they originally sold at years ago. That logic is idiotic.

MSRP does not factor worth or value whatsoever. It is simply X cost of the car plus X + % profit. That's it.

I can agree somewhat to your last statement, but when are we seeing markups on regular items? There are very few items in any market that are selling with markups, and specialty cars are one of the very few. Performance cars, and especially very unique cars, are most often emotional choices. They are not logical, sensible, or practical at all. So your entire basis is just silly. Like I said, anyone worrying about market value shouldn't be really looking at a car like this or in this price range to begin with.
This is not a collector's car though! You cannot make the same argument for a car that just rolled off the production line!:)

Are you listening to yourself? You all are getting carried away by your feelings.

Give it 6 months, not more, and your "joy" factor will have cost you 5/10/20k and you will feel embarrassed and angry.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I just realized that your previous car was a CLA AMG. This made me realize I have wasted the last half an hour of my life. Forget everything I said.:headbonk:
Seriously man? I'm 25 years old. You're how old? Congratulations for making a personal stab at someone's financial situation or judging someone by their past vehicles. You really are a douchebag.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Seriously man? I'm 25 years old. You're how old? Congratulations for making a personal stab at someone's financial situation or judging someone by their past vehicles. You really are a douchebag.
You are 25 years old? Hmm... Now its all starting to make sense about the ADM and the "joy factor" How are you even affording a GT350 "R" again with its cup tires and expensive insurance and ADM? Wait. Nevermind that. I dont want to know.

Good luck with your life and your financial decisions.:clap2:

I'm about 40 years old and have 2 kids by the way. I have far more experience in life than you have or will have any time soon. So take what I say with a bit of positive attitude - consider it free advice.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
This is not a collector's car though! You cannot make the same argument for a car that just rolled off the production line!:)

Are you listening to yourself? You all are getting carried away by your feelings.

Give it 6 months, not more, and your "joy" factor will have cost you 5/10/20k and you will feel embarrassed and angry.
Unlike yourself, oh King, some of us do not obsess over bullshit. I honestly don't care about paying 5K over. It will never bother me, as I will never sell the car or be interested in selling the car. It will be passed to my kids when I die, simple as that. Too big a thought to pass through your thick head apparently. Why would I ever feel embarrassed or angry about driving my dream car for the rest of my life?

I'm also not saying its a collector's car, I don't give a shit if it ever becomes one or not either. My point was that according to you, no item should be bought at above MSRP, which was your statement.

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Justin I'd say you're doing something right at the age of 25 owning an R. This is obviously a troubled individual. You're right we've wasted an hour of life with this douche bag. I'm done.

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
justin that's a deadly color combo. Love it.

MCars isn't worth arguing with. It's like fighting with an ex girlfriend, she's just gotta have the last word. Let's just ignore him.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Way beyond that man, way beyond..
I was thinking of starting a topic on how to fill the gas tank, but maybe asking in this thread would be better?

I'm having a hard time finding gas pumps that actually make a good seal around the fill port. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fill my car with gas without having to hold the nozzle/trigger the whole time? :doh:

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
As I said before. If you are so put out with our way of life then hit the road.
Its not "your" way of life. I am part of this country as much as you are. I find that response very offensive.