Jack points

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'll be 100% honest here. This post makes it sound like you are used to other people doing the work for you. There is a huge difference between sometimes asking a simple question and receiving a quick answer like you mentioned, which I completely understand, versus CONSTANTLY posting questions and threads asking questions. You are very clearly not attempting whatsoever to educate yourself on the subject first, and literally have posted numerous times asking basic questions, then telling others they are wrong (when in fact they are right) when they offer advice on your question.

And there is something to be said about the quality of workers who continually need to be spoon fed and "told" something is the way it is, rather than LEARNING first hand themselves. Being told something is true and experiencing/obtaining the knowledge yourself are too vastly different things. And I for one know dam well which group of workers I would like to have, and which more is FAR more valuable. I would have no interest in having a group of workers with whom I have to babysit. I prefer initiative, and people who are not afraid to learn or tackle something they aren't 100% knowledgeable on, rather than those who will do literally nothing without being told exactly what to do.

And have you considered maybe people don't take things so seriously, but maybe they are simply irritated and sick of the continual trolling? Some of us might enjoy to come here to learn, and there is a big difference between joking around with other members and having some fun, versus attempting to annoy others, whether on purpose or obliviously, continually. Where you get your "enjoyment" or entertainment out of annoying other people is beyond me. It just screams of a childish or immature character.
He's not going to get it. We're not real people and our time is not valuable, because we're on that internets thing. Let's just let his threads rot and ignore him. Fresh meat will come in eventually to keep him "entertained".
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'll be 100% honest here. This post makes it sound like you are used to other people doing the work for you. There is a huge difference between sometimes asking a simple question and receiving a quick answer like you mentioned, which I completely understand, versus CONSTANTLY posting questions and threads asking questions. You are very clearly not attempting whatsoever to educate yourself on the subject first, and literally have posted numerous times asking basic questions, then telling others they are wrong (when in fact they are right) when they offer advice on your question.

And there is something to be said about the quality of workers who continually need to be spoon fed and "told" something is the way it is, rather than LEARNING first hand themselves. Being told something is true and experiencing/obtaining the knowledge yourself are too vastly different things. And I for one know dam well which group of workers I would like to have, and which more is FAR more valuable. I would have no interest in having a group of workers with whom I have to babysit. I prefer initiative, and people who are not afraid to learn or tackle something they aren't 100% knowledgeable on, rather than those who will do literally nothing without being told exactly what to do.

And have you considered maybe people don't take things so seriously, but maybe they are simply irritated and sick of the continual trolling? Some of us might enjoy to come here to learn, and there is a big difference between joking around with other members and having some fun, versus attempting to annoy others, whether on purpose or obliviously, continually. Where you get your "enjoyment" or entertainment out of annoying other people is beyond me. It just screams of a childish or immature character.
I am not attempting to annoy anyone.

Let me just remind you and everyone in case you have forgotten that all of this, all this negativitiy and agression towards me started with when I became very vocal about ADMs and more so than that people paying ADMs.

You understand that a large majority of people who hate me here have paid X amount of ADM, be it $1000 or as much as $20000 (I actually exchanged messages with a member who paid 20k adm for an early 2016). You understand that all my messages in the last 6-8 months annoyed the shit out of them because I am the guy that they dont want to hear? They caved in and paid the ADM and I didnt and I found those MSRP deals regardless how rare?

Let me repeat. It is IDIOTIC to pay for these ADMs. This car will be worth below sticker come next spring. MARK MY WORDS;)

Thats the problem. Lets not kid ourselves. Its not about me posting threads and asking questions that I could answer by reading the manual. Its all about you all paying markups and all these months me not doing so and in the end buying this car, custom spec, brand new, for 0 markup.

I feel sorry, I truly do, for people who pay any markup over retail for ANY product (not just cars) they buy.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I paid 5K over for my R, but I couldn't care less what it is "worth" on the market in 6 months. The only value that I associate with the car is the joy and happiness it brings me every time I look at it and drive it. For those reasons alone, the value of my car will always be Priceless. :thumbsup:
Right, because you want to "enjoy" life and what is 5k to you if it will make you happy right?

Ok.

This is like politics. As much as I will never vote for Trump, I will never pay a dime of markup to make some idiotic car dealership rich for absolutely playing no critical part in a car's development. Call it ethics, call it morals, call it whatever you want. To me anyone paying ADMs is idiotic.

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Post #445 in the Oh No Cars and Coffee thread. Moron posted the following:

"Don't be upset with me for saying this but some of this is really the "open" and "let's see the world and experience everything" mentality the westerners (especially Americans) have. I am so against that at certain situations (and this is an example)."

If you don't care for America then get out and don't let the door hit you in the ass!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I paid 5K over for my R, but I couldn't care less what it is "worth" on the market in 6 months. The only value that I associate with the car is the joy and happiness it brings me every time I look at it and drive it. For those reasons alone, the value of my car will always be Priceless. :thumbsup:

Let me just remind you and everyone in case you have forgotten that all of this, all this negativitiy and agression towards me started with when I became very vocal about ADMs and more so than that people paying ADMs.

You understand that a large majority of people who hate me here have paid X amount of ADM, be it $1000 or as much as $20000 (I actually exchanged messages with a member who paid 20k adm for an early 2016). You understand that all my messages in the last 6-8 months annoyed the shit out of them because I am the guy that they dont want to hear? They caved in and paid the ADM and I didnt and I found those MSRP deals regardless how rare?

Let me repeat. It is IDIOTIC to pay for these ADMs. This car will be worth below sticker come next spring. MARK MY WORDS;)

Thats the problem. Lets not kid ourselves. Its not about me posting threads and asking questions that I could answer by reading the manual. Its all about you all paying markups and all these months me not doing so and in the end buying this car, custom spec, brand new, for 0 markup.

I feel sorry, I truly do, for people who pay any markup over retail for ANY product (not just cars) they buy.
Dude I couldn't give a rats ass about whether you got an MSRP deal or not. I'm in eastern Canada, there were 12 GT350's sold for MSRP here, not one sold with an ADM, so congrats I guess. I could have easily bought one at MSRP or possibly below, but I chose to buy an R out of province at a small ADM as quoted above. And as quoted above, you will see my response regarding "market value". Anyone who buys a car like this who is worried about market value probably shouldn't be buying an expensive car to begin with.

And I would bet my R on that the fact that most people have grown sick and tired of your endless questions and threads, not because you disagree with the whole ADM plague. I agree ADM should not be allowed, but it doesn't bother me a single bit about paying for it as I quoted above. If you feel the other way, that's fantastic, you do you man. But there is a BIG difference between stating your opinion and letting it go versus continually hunting threads and telling everyone who pays an ADM that they are idiots for doing so. Perhaps your vehement attitude towards those who were purchasing cars at ADMs rather than the ADM's themselves is what made some hate you, who knows.

And thats ok, you can feel "sorry" all you want, because I'll be enjoying an amazing machine the rest of my life, not giving 2 large F***s about market value, while feeling sorry for those like yourself who need to constantly feel like they have to get the best "deal" possible in order to enjoy life. You will spend far more of the little time we have here worrying and obsessing over such stupid aspects of buying performance cars that are not investment rather than simply enjoying life as I will. Like I said, you do you man, the rest of us will be just fine I assure you :thumbsup:

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
What!?? :rant::headbonk:

After all of this I had to finally make a comment. It is NOT your money that other people are spending on these cars...and you are dreaming in technicolor if you believe that this is what is going on here. I did feel people were being a little harsh, and then you spouted this ridiculousness. Sometimes we are the architects of our own misfortune.
Congrats on the car :)

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Right, because you want to "enjoy" life and what is 5k to you if it will make you happy right?

Ok.

This is like politics. As much as I will never vote for Trump, I will never pay a dime of markup to make some idiotic car dealership rich for absolutely playing no critical part in a car's development. Call it ethics, call it morals, call it whatever you want. To me anyone paying ADMs is idiotic.
Ok when I see "lol" with multiple "o"s, its time to leave the thread. You are just showing your true color.
5K is a drop in a bucket compared to the level of joy/satisfaction/happiness the car will provide over my lifetime. You are far too obsessed about the $$ and not enough about actually enjoying life, which is the curse of any cheap individual.

If you are going to blanket us who paid ADM's as idiotic, then why the surprise when everyone thinks you are a moron every time you post an idiotic thread asking basic questions that could be solved by reading a page out of an owners manual? You are the definition of a hypocrite.

My true color? You can read all of my posts, I have been nothing but a constant. If anyone should leave it should be you, who adds nothing to the community but a pain in everyone's ass.

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)

To be clear, referring to this...^

Sponsored
OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Dude I couldn't give a rats ass about whether you got an MSRP deal or not. I'm in eastern Canada, there were 12 GT350's sold for MSRP here, not one sold with an ADM, so congrats I guess. I could have easily bought one at MSRP or possibly below, but I chose to buy an R out of province at a small ADM as quoted above. And as quoted above, you will see my response regarding "market value". Anyone who buys a car like this who is worried about market value probably shouldn't be buying an expensive car to begin with.

And I would bet my R on that the fact that most people have grown sick and tired of your endless questions and threads, not because you disagree with the whole ADM plague. I agree ADM should not be allowed, but it doesn't bother me a single bit about paying for it as I quoted above. If you feel the other way, that's fantastic, you do you man. But there is a BIG difference between stating your opinion and letting it go versus continually hunting threads and telling everyone who pays an ADM that they are idiots for doing so. Perhaps your vehement attitude towards those who were purchasing cars at ADMs rather than the ADM's themselves is what made some hate you, who knows.

And thats ok, you can feel "sorry" all you want, because I'll be enjoying an amazing machine the rest of my life, not giving 2 large F***s about market value, while feeling sorry for those like yourself who need to constantly feel like they have to get the best "deal" possible in order to enjoy life. You will spend far more of the little time we have here worrying and obsessing over such stupid aspects of buying performance cars that are not investment rather than simply enjoying life as I will. Like I said, you do you man, the rest of us will be just fine I assure you :thumbsup:
You dont get it.

It's not about whether an item X is worth Y. It's about the manufacturer of an item X saying the item X is worth Z but some asshole for the sake of making easy money on the side charging Y instead of Z. It's simple as that.

A company like Ford says GT350 should be word 50k. They have done the R&D and all the analysis for the production costs as well as everything else. Anything beyond that, even a single $1, is idiotic.

So iphone 8 comes out on September 20th with fully transparent screen 360 degrees. Its sold out everywhere and now Bestbuy is charging 20% markup. If you have to have it, you must pay is $50 extra. You say, oh what is $50 more to me, I just want to get the latest and greatest and enjoy it.

It's not about the car, or what it's worth. It's about wastefulness and mentality. Collectively by paying markups, we fail and hurt each other. Do you understand?

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
5K is a drop in a bucket compared to the level of joy/satisfaction/happiness the car will provide over my lifetime. You are far too obsessed about the $$ and not enough about actually enjoying life, which is the curse of any cheap individual.

If you are going to blanket us who paid ADM's as idiotic, then why the surprise when everyone thinks you are a moron every time you post an idiotic thread asking basic questions that could be solved by reading a page out of an owners manual? You are the definition of a hypocrite.

My true color? You can read all of my posts, I have been nothing but a constant. If anyone should leave it should be you, who adds nothing to the community but a pain in everyone's ass.
Dude.... I have well into 7 figures of savings. Do you think 5k is going to impact me or even 50k? It's mentality.... Read my other post.

I cannot believe that after so many messages, we are going around in circles. You keep saying enjoyment. So to enjoy your car, you are happy to take 20 dollar bills from your pocket and roll down your window as your drive and literally throw them out. That's what you are doing by paying ADM.

It's the same thing with buying a house. Oh its a sellers market, so your realtor gets your all riled up and you go into a bidding war and pay 500k for a house that was listed for 450k. Great, now your wife is all happy and you are living in your dream house. Oh buy what is 50k to you right, it's just another $200/month more in your mortgage, that's the cost of 2 dinners.

That mentality is twisted in my view. It's no different than the wasteful subprime mortgage mentality that got us to the mess in 2008.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

I just realized that your previous car was a CLA AMG. This made me realize I have wasted the last half an hour of my life. Forget everything I said.:headbonk: