Sponsored

Jack and jack stand locations on a 2021 mustang GT ?

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
This is is kind a Noob question , but where do you guys jack up and put your jack-stands under the car without jacking rails ? I looked under my car and wondering where to even put them , especially on the back end. Pictures would be nice. Thanks. 😅
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Jacking up on the pinch weld in the front that has an arrow pointed at it (with a magnetic adapter). Then stand goes under the subframe that wraps around the side and front of the chassis.

1656708443904.png
What about the rear?

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Good catch WD. Honestly I missed that. Agreed that I wouldn’t use the pumpkin as a jack point unless I had no other choice.
Aye, no other choice and even then...

I do find it interesting that K-member brace is marked as a jack point. Dunno if I'd be keen to try with that one either, with it being right below and in closw peoximity to the oil pan.

Of course, you'd need a jack that can reach that far under the car in the first place, and I certainly don't know of any such device. :giggle:

In four points we trust.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6

I do find it interesting that K-member brace is marked as a jack point. Dunno if I'd be keen to try with that one either, with it being right below and in closw peoximity to the oil pan.

Of course, you'd need a jack that can reach that far under the car in the first place, and I certainly don't know of any such device. :giggle:

In four points we trust.
What’s the pumpkin lol ?

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
What’s the pumpkin lol ?
The differential. Which, yes, is stoutly cased... stout enough to hold the latter half of a near 4,000 pound grand tourer? On the bolted together seam??? I'd rather not take my chances.

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
This is actually a commercial for jacking rails. For what they cost, if you are going to regularly lift the whole car, or even just one end, they would certainly be worth the money.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This is actually a commercial for jacking rails. For what they cost, if you are going to regularly lift the whole car, or even just one end, they would certainly be worth the money.
I regularly lift the whole side of the car for swapping wheels at and before the track and jacking rails are overrated. There's nothing earthshattering that they provide for the added cost and weight.

Lifting the whole side of the car and placing on jackstands is easy and the savings of 30 seconds per side is not worth it.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

In four points we trust.
i jack from the center of the k member in front. reaching it has never been a problem

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
i jack from the center of the k member in front. reaching it has never been a problem
Hm, interesting. It seems more of a reach than I guess it really is.
Sponsored