Sponsored

I've only gone and done it!!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Well guys, the Ford dealer was open today so I just had to pop in. Here's the result!!

I'm a happy boy now.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Congrats! With a bit of luck we will see you hooning around in the summer :cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice one! Merry Xmas to you from you ;)!

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Well done, now the fun begins as you spend 9 months waiting :).

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Congratulations. My order (for my replacement) was made end of November, and expected delivery date of mid September. Hope I'm wrong and you get it in Summer so you can really enjoy it. However, no matter how long you wait, it is mist very worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the replies guys.. I hope I get her before they start salting the roads next Winter!!

I think we should arrange a factory visit so we can all watch her getting built??

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the replies guys.. I hope I get her before they start salting the roads next Winter!!

I think we should arrange a factory visit so we can all watch her getting built??
If you pay the flights and accommodation, i'll come over with you :thumbsup::lol:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Congrats Nigel.........looking forward to your thread stripping it down to it's component parts :p

They don't do tours :(

Well, they sometimes do them during the week of the Woodward Dream Cruise, which I'm hoping to attend this year! I even tried to get a visit when I was over in Michigan last year. Despite having a friend who works for Ford (ex-SVT) even he couldn't get us in as when we were there they were having prototypes going down the line and Joe Public certainly isn't allowed to see them!

I did get a pretty amazing tour of the other Ford facilities though :)

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats Nigel.........looking forward to your thread stripping it down to it's component parts :p

They don't do tours :(

Well, they sometimes do them during the week of the Woodward Dream Cruise, which I'm hoping to attend this year! I even tried to get a visit when I was over in Michigan last year. Despite having a friend who works for Ford (ex-SVT) even he couldn't get us in as when we were there they were having prototypes going down the line and Joe Public certainly isn't allowed to see them!

I did get a pretty amazing tour of the other Ford facilities though :)
On the subject of stripping her down, you don't know how correct you are!! There will be some pretty crazy mods on this one.. I'm currently deep into the build of a GT86 race car. Follow me on instagram GT86_Nige

I have seen tours on YouTube, so why can't I have one? (said whilst stamping and beating the desk in a spoilt little swine style)

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well guys, the Ford dealer was open today so I just had to pop in. Here's the result!!
I'm a happy boy now.

Congrats, Gloucesternige!! :thumbsup:

Only if that visit was possible, it would be a great idea! At this time only The Ford Rouge Factory in Dearborn, MI is the only Ford facility that provides an ongoing public tour. The tour is a five-part adventure where visitors can see how cutting-edge environmental practices and industrial innovation mesh to create one of the world's most enlightened and forward-looking factories.

For ticket information, please visit the Rouge Plant Tour website or call 1-313-982-6001 or 1-800-835-5237.

Deysha

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Done that. It is a great tour and coupled with the Henry Ford museum a brilliant day out. They make F150's in the Rouge plant.
Sponsored