Ive been scammed through mustang6g

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
hey guys, just wanted to post this to keep you all on the loop. But I have made a thred saying I was looking to buy wheels, couple of guys hitted me up but was not interested, unitl someone said one of their friends is selling used wheels to hit them up, via his email which was [email protected] the one i was given , so I hit the guy up askimg if he had project 6gr wheels because those are the ones I wanted.

Turns out he did have them and had them for sale for 2800$ with tires, i said i wanted the wheels, and he sold them to me for 900$ because they were banged up a bit but i didnt care since i was gonna hydro dip them.

So...I sent him the money since he sent several pics. I told him to send me the tracking number first, before i send him the money thru Via Zelle from Chase. I thought you could cancel payments from chase that you dont want to send so i was not worried,

Then later on I sent him the 900$ and he said he will ship the wheels out that same day. THEN he said he had trouble removing one of the tires from the wheels and scratched 1 up so he got another one from a friend he said, so they will ship out the next day. Turns out he stopped replying to my emails, so then after 3 days, he finally said "They already shipped" and never heard back from him again, he said that on July 2nd and still never received any wheels and the guy named Richard never replied lol so

I THINK I got scammed ,

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
To be honest you cant dispute zelle transactions, you should have use PayPal or another form of payment transfer that's secure for you and the seller. If you did get scam, I'm sorry to say that you just lost $900. Why dont you put the name of the person that referred you to richard.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I didn't know sadly, I thought zelle was secure since its with Chase bank, and yes here are some screen shots of the man who referred me to him, i already texted him but he is clearly ignoring me because you can see he was active on here. (SEE ATTACHED), he replied so legitimately, since this was a forum of car people, i didnt think you could get scammed here
Screenshot_20200711-120114_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-120123_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-120114_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
To be honest you cant dispute zelle transactions, you should have use PayPal or another form of payment transfer that's secure for you and the seller. If you did get scam, I'm sorry to say that you just lost $900. Why dont you put the name of the person that referred you to richard.
That was all in reply to you btw lol

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I had a member here msg me to email this dude about a used exhaust. Just the way he was responding to me I knew he was a scam or up to no good. There was another member here last week or the week prior warning that something seemed off with this guy as well. Hopefully the mods will take action if you don't get your items.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This sucks, but IMO you should have stayed away from this as there were many red flags. Not blaming you of course, but something to watch out next time

1) the seller has just joined and has 0 posts
2) the seller doesn't actually have the wheels but it's from a "buddy"
3) the seller asks for an instant money transfer/wire vs. an accredited buying/purchasing method to send payments (and yes I know Paypal isn't exactly the greatest, we'll save that discussion for another time but in this case PP would have most likely saved him)

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Yeah if you Google that email address you’ll see warnings of scams from different forums.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I find it hard someone has a username and 0 posts. You can search forums all day long so why would you create a username and not have atleast one post. I would have called scam asap

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Funny you post this because I just had an encounter the same exact way for wheels I was looking for.
I first got the message from the Robert01 (already looked sketchy to me). Sent the email. Got an email back saying yes he had them, heres his address when would I like to pick them up. I said I cant I'm not in TX. Said he'd ship and to send him my address so he can get payment rolling. That again was suspicious he wanted my address so quickly. I didnt give it. I asked about condition, if they were scratched, etc.. and he just kept saying "excellent". Another red flag. I asked for pics and after several hours he did send a pic, but as quick as he was sending emails he took a long time to send that pic because he was clearly trying to find a picof someone elses pic of them in a garage. Not the wheels I wanted. Different color. Even if it was a pic of the ones I wanted I would have asked for more proof. Knew it was a scam. Wanted to see how far this guy would try to go. Never heard from him again. He was asking more than retail anyways which was hilarious. Even if he said he wanted payment via Zelle I would have laughed and said no way. Unless its friends you know or family never ever pay via Zelle. Its a scammers wonderland. I only pay paypal goods and services and even then theres ways they can scam you where you're out money.
There was another message with another email doing the same thing last week so I already knew something was going on. I cant seem to find that message anymore, but the email I was told to contact was [email protected]

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP, please dont take offense and feel free to decline to answer. As a little experiment, which age bracket are you in? 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Beautiful Ukrainian Ladies want to meet you - just send them money for their plane ticket, travel expenses, and incidentals and you'll being fucking in no time....or maybe not.

Did I ever tell you about my buddy the Nigerian Prince?

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That absolutely sucks man... Scammers are everywhere.
Back in the early 2000's I was taken for $300 on a forum, to this day I still don't trust anyone ... Unfortunately, this will likely be a learning experience, don't see you being able to recover the money. Rule #1: google all addresses, use streetview and look up their names, email, etc. If someone has no posts and recently registered to the forum, don't even respond.
Sponsored