Sponsored

It's October. Who's still on summer tires...

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Walked out the door yesterday morning in CT, first thought was "Uh-Oh", time to switch the tires ....will get around to it this week or next. It was less than 30 degrees. This week is supposed to be decent though so not worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have 4 Bridgestone Blizzak tires sitting in the garage. Wondering when to put them on. It's gotten down to 30 degrees already here in New York. Is it too soon for full blown snow tires?
I think it's too soon, but I often end up changing them in the dark the night before we're scheduled to get a big ice or snow storm. I'm just cheap and I don't want to wear them down too quickly.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ouch, how much of that is hard driving? I bet you don't need that soft of a tire.
Unexpectedly hard stops absolutely do count as 'hard driving', and the MPSS is the best rain tire that I've ever run. On any car, ever.

Most people will never drive this hard in the middle of a rainstorm (40 mph in the tightest corner up to 115 or so down the main straight at the end, plenty of 3rd gear @ WOT), but it's nice to know that you could (or that at the speeds that you do drive there is as much margin remaining against unpleasantness happening). And FL does see a little rain from time to time . . .

[ame]

Norm

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
My Blizzak LM-32's are being delivered today. They will go on a dedicated set of AMR wheels. I'll put them on once there is a forecast of snow. I'm looking forward to our first storm to do some snow drifting
:headbang:

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I get to stay on Summer's year round. [emoji41]

Sponsored

project2501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll see how it goes, I live in Memphis, TN and my GT is my DD. My drive to work is only 5 miles of side streets, no highway. It only snows a couple times a year here and on those days I will be working from home.

RUke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Charleston SC here. Will be staying on the "Summer" tires year around.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I can't voucher for 115 MPH in the rain, but I ran Michelin AS3's last year and drove through some amazingly hard rain with deep puddles at highway speed and never hydroplaned. They weren't good in snow, but in the rain and dry they were better than anything i have had before. They would last considerably longer.

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Will probably put Conti DWS all seasons on and sell the pirelli's, not even 2 months only 2k miles on them.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I will just be parking mine when temps are under 50 degrees. Those will just be my fishing truck driving days. Yeah normally just take the truck fishing. grand isle last week and I did see high 40's weather in southern La. Southern LA and Tx folks will learn the hard way this winter as it will be colder then normal winter. Make sure to heat the tires up and keep a egg between your right foot and right pedal. Fair warning Pzeros suck under 50 degrees. Not that they are much better in higher temps but really suck when cold.
Sponsored