Sponsored

It's not all about the 1LE - interesting new Head2Head

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Having grown up in the '60s, when even the full size sedans were exciting cars to watch at the drag strip, I am still attracted to Muscle Cars, possibly even slightly more so than to Pony Cars. I find both the Challenger and the Camaro attractive due to their more retro Muscle Car looks.

I wonder whether that retro look and those proportions will remain attractive much longer. Ford has moved the Mustang in a different direction, now with more of a true European Grand Touring style and finish mixed with North American Pony Car. Isn't that what Iaccoca originally said that the Mustang was supposed to be?

What will GM and Chrysler do next? Retro Muscle Car? NA Pony Car? Grand Touring Car? My bet is that for the next 3-5 years we will see a Chrysler Muscle Car, a GM Pony Car, and a Ford Grand Touring Car. Of course the gaps between them will not be that obvious, but there will be some such distinctions. I will also bet that 60s-70s retro is almost dead.
Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Latest C&D, December?; I didn't receive that one yet

Some more info on the comparison from Car and Driver on the GT PP vs 1LE vs Challenger.
Sponsored