Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
About 4 weeks ago when turning on the a/c it didn't feel very cold, over the last month it got worse until just the last couple of days which now it just seems to blow hot air.

I have an oil change due in about 900 miles, will teel them to also look at the a/c, having bought the car brand new 21 months ago I presume it is still under warranty.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

TC
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Mine has been twice ti the dealer for that

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Mine started blowing hot air about a week ago. I'm scheduled to go in on 27th to fix it. So we'll see what they say.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Common problem especially in FL when those parts work overtime. Compressors and condensers are one thing. If the evaporator core goes, that's a boat load of labor as its one of the least serviceable parts to get to in most modern cars. Usually the entire console and dash has to come out. Look up some YouTube videos of techs doing it...it will blow your mind.

Mine went under warranty. Best to get it done ASAP under warranty if you can.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What sucks is I rarely use my AC just roll with the window down so MINE will break at 36,001 miles when the bumper to bumper warranty ends. That's my luck.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Both times it was the evaporator

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
What sucks is I rarely use my AC just roll with the window down so MINE will break at 36,001 miles when the bumper to bumper warranty ends. That's my luck.
You should run the AC compressor regularly to keep all the seals and moving parts lubricated, even in the winter (just turn on the defroster). You're not saving wear on the system by not using it. Machinery doesn't like corrosion. The AC system is designed to last the life of the car even if run all the time.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Are the techs explaining what they find going on with these original cores. Any common issue?..I haven't yet to have an issue but only about 10k mi here.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I know a lot of people here had issues with the evaporator core. My AC started blowing hot so I took it to a dealership where my buddy is a tech. Turns out one of the refrigerant hoses had cracked and leaked all the refrigerant out of the system. The hose was replaced the system was recharged. Everything is working fine now.

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of people here had issues with the evaporator core. My AC started blowing hot so I took it to a dealership where my buddy is a tech. Turns out one of the refrigerant hoses had cracked and leaked all the refrigerant out of the system. The hose was replaced the system was recharged. Everything is working fine now.
I am hoping that is my same exact problem.

TC
Sponsored