Sponsored

It’s finally time GT500 KR (update: being built)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Have you looked into what the KR gives you for exhaust? I believe it is the same exhaust as mine (Shelby by Borla), but with black exhaust tips (mine are polished/chrome). You may already be getting the switch fire, but I cannot say for sure. If it's not the switch fire, I am guessing it is the X. If so, the difference in between the X and switch fire may not be worth the cost of buying the switch fire and then the work to install it.

If you are getting the mid muffler, absolutely change to the switch fire....IMHO.
I have the Shelby by Borla exhaust and I love the tone of the resonated H pipe. Too me the switch fire setup is too loud, but you know what they say about opinions lol.

For the OP, I recommend running whatever it comes with for a bit and seeing how you like it before throwing a couple hundred dollars at a midline you may or may not like.

just my .02
Sponsored

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Have you looked into what the KR gives you for exhaust? I believe it is the same exhaust as mine (Shelby by Borla), but with black exhaust tips (mine are polished/chrome). You may already be getting the switch fire, but I cannot say for sure. If it's not the switch fire, I am guessing it is the X. If so, the difference in between the X and switch fire may not be worth the cost of buying the switch fire and then the work to install it.

If you are getting the mid muffler, absolutely change to the switch fire....IMHO.
To be completely fair, I’m not entirely sure which of the three it’s coming with. I assumed the mid muffler since they love to mention how the car is 50 state legal. I know that applies mainly to emissions, but I’m sure you know how CA is about exhaust noise 😂. The website isn’t very forthcoming as it only says “Shelby by Borla cat-back exhaust”.

I think I’ll email sales and see if they know. And I agree that if it’s the X, may not be worth the upgrade, but definitely is if it’s the mid muffler. And yes, appears to be the black tips variety.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I have the Shelby by Borla exhaust and I love the tone of the resonated H pipe. Too me the switch fire setup is too loud, but you know what they say about opinions lol.

For the OP, I recommend running whatever it comes with for a bit and seeing how you like it before throwing a couple hundred dollars at a midline you may or may not like.

just my .02
Appreciate the input. I wouldn’t change it day one if it doesn’t come with the Switchfire; you’re right I may like H pipe if that’s what it is.

I also enjoy doing my part to bring some sanity back to leftville, I mean CA, by reminding people that cars are allowed to have some sound 😏.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Does the chassis number change when it becomes a KR or will it have 2?

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Does the chassis number change when it becomes a KR or will it have 2?
Here’s an example from another KR. I braved Speed Phenom’s YouTube channel to get the screen grab. I came out alive but my ears may never be the same. lol!

IMG_2804.png

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
No updates on my car as of right now, but I did find this fairly new (3ish days old) in depth walking tour of the factory floor. They are clearly pumping out the KR's right now.

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
No updates on my car as of right now, but I did find this fairly new (3ish days old) in depth walking tour of the factory floor. They are clearly pumping out the KR's right now.

Learned quite a bit, actual informative video! The Shelby employee almost had me convinced, if I had a 500 to donate.

Great video, albeit the guy holding the camera is annoying.

@CaptDave Maybe that's your 500 around 26:55, in the background.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Really cool when some of these behind the scenes videos get put out. Like RJ787 said, learned some interesting things. I knew the Shelby trucks were done in Elkhart, but I didn’t realize they have several shops in Las Vegas to help with capacity, particularly the widebodies. Hopefully that means you’re not waiting too long for your KR!

Sponsored
OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Learned quite a bit, actual informative video! The Shelby employee almost had me convinced, if I had a 500 to donate.

Great video, albeit the guy holding the camera is annoying.

@CaptDave Maybe that's your 500 around 26:55, in the background.
It actually isn’t, but I wish it was. It clearly still has the factory side stripes; I didn’t have that option. It also doesn’t have the Anderson Composites front fenders I installed. His voice is kinda annoying, but not nearly as bad as Speed Phenom. He definitely sounds like a prototypical young YouTuber though.

Mine was hiding somewhere off camera, but definitely being worked on because my mileage in Ford Pass isn’t changing, but my gas level is going down 😂. A supercharger test I’d assume.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It actually isn’t, but I wish it was. It clearly still has the factory side stripes; I didn’t have that option. It also doesn’t have Anderson Composites front fenders I installed.

Mine was hiding somewhere off camera, but definitely being worked on because my mileage in Ford Pass isn’t changing, but my gas level is going down 😂. A supercharger test I’d assume.
LOL either that or they’re siphoning your gas for Nerren’s car 🤣

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Really cool when some of these behind the scenes videos get put out. Like RJ787 said, learned some interesting things. I knew the Shelby trucks were done in Elkhart, but I didn’t realize they have several shops in Las Vegas to help with capacity, particularly the widebodies. Hopefully that means you’re not waiting too long for your KR!
Thanks, hopefully not too long. Sounds like they definitely need more paint capacity. I wonder if that’s on the docket for them.

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Peeking at the Shelby instagram just now. Not an up close picture of my car, but I see her back there 😂

IMG_2837.jpeg

And this was me when I saw the picture....

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 2.18.28 PM.png

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'd remembered this thread and the car today when running some routine searches for die casts.

If you did not already own one of the following, it can be had for a pittance: a 6G GT500, yellow w/black stripe, in a 1:64 scale.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2332490.m570.l1313&_nkw=Hot+Wheels+2021+Torque+2020+FORD+MUSTANG+SHELBY+GT500+4/5+Yellow+143/250&_sacat=0

Mijo also produced a GT500 series, predominantly white-striped. Several different colors. An overseas version, purple, was recently listed. Some are Dragon Snake cars, others, CFTPs or base.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=mijo+mini+gt500&_sacat=0&_dmd=2&_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_odkw=gt350+diecast&_osacat=0&_dcat=180506&_sop=10&Scale=1%3A64

gt500 yellow w:blk stripe.jpg

gt500 w:white stripe.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: