jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Setup -
RXT clutch/flywheel/stainless steel lines - about 1.5 years old maybe 5 or 6 thousand miles about 5 hpde events
MGW shifter

Issue 1
  • Sometimes coming to a stop it sticks in first or second gear and I have to yank it out, or start driving the car again, stopping and it will coming out like normal. It is happening more and more frequently.
  • I noticed recently that when the car is stopped and shifter is stuck in gear, If i slowly release the brake the car will start to move with clutch pressed.
Issue 2
  • Terrible lash somewhere in the drivetrain. Prominent heading uphill in driveway having to be delicate in 1st gear with the clutch
  • While dropping the exhaust a friend noticed one of the driveshaft to diff bolts was half out, and all of the others were very loose. I have never touched these bolts before. Tightened each bolt back down. The lashing and stuck gear seemed to have stopped. Could have been placebo effect. :)
  • The lashing and stuck gear are back and seem even worse now. Checked the bolts and they are still tight.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Was not impressed with the service support or the product from McLeod. Had one in the car for a year and nothign but issues similar to yours on a 3650 Tremec. Twin discs naturally clatter at low RPM under load adn I could get used to that, but the 3/4 pedal to engage and catching in gear like you described was enough to pitch it.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Next time the car wants to inch forward, try pumping the clutch pedal repeatedly.
If that helps, you likely have air in the system or a bad master/slave.
In other words, it would indicate something in the hydraulics.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Ugggh, about to put t
Next time the car wants to inch forward, try pumping the clutch pedal repeatedly.
If that helps, you likely have air in the system or a bad master/slave.
In other words, it would indicate something in the hydraulics.
I will try to isolate and test this weekend. Would hope this to be the case, @cop on my back guess gonna cost me $$$ haha

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ugggh, about to put t

I will try to isolate and test this weekend. Would hope this to be the case, @cop on my back guess gonna cost me $$$ haha
I still have the clutch and aluminum flywheel sitting in my shop. Only about 8k on the clutch and it is done. Plenty of material left, but the floating disc is acting like a cone spring washer taking up the required space to allow a proper shift.

kathy59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kathy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Eco boost
Setup -
RXT clutch/flywheel/stainless steel lines - about 1.5 years old maybe 5 or 6 thousand miles about 5 hpde events
MGW shifter

Issue 1
  • Sometimes coming to a stop it sticks in first or second gear and I have to yank it out, or start driving the car again, stopping and it will coming out like normal. It is happening more and more frequently.
  • I noticed recently that when the car is stopped and shifter is stuck in gear, If i slowly release the brake the car will start to move with clutch pressed.
Issue 2
  • Terrible lash somewhere in the drivetrain. Prominent heading uphill in driveway having to be delicate in 1st gear with the clutch
  • While dropping the exhaust a friend noticed one of the driveshaft to diff bolts was half out, and all of the others were very loose. I have never touched these bolts before. Tightened each bolt back down. The lashing and stuck gear seemed to have stopped. Could have been placebo effect. :)
  • The lashing and stuck gear are back and seem even worse now. Checked the bolts and they are still tight.
I would love to add to clutch problems, and share what happened to me with my sons car. He had a 2016 Eco Boost it ran good great gas mileage and he let me drive it to work so after a couple of weeks I came out and the car was on, I thought I hit a button so i get in the clutch is to the floor I hit the button to turn it off and nearly ran over people at a federal building. When I would attempt to turn it off it would try to start in gear which i could not get it out of gear. At that point I got out and saw that all of the clutch fluid leaked out it was everywhere. It did hit a post so i had to leave it where it was he decided to let it go back they actually dismissed it and it never went on his credit that was a shocker and let me know that they know something was very wrong.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ Unless something has changed -- and I doubt it has -- a manual transmission does not come FACTORY with remote start nor is it offered as an option ...by any automaker today. Only autos have that option because of all of the risks involved. So it is highly likely that your son or the previous owner added an aftermarket remote start to the car after the fact. I know of one person who has a remote start manual. An old boss of mine had one installed and the process just to allow it to work before he gets in the next time takes him more time to set before getting out than he now realizes that it was worth having an aftermarket installer put in. E-brake has to be on, car has to be in neutral, and there is some sequence with the ignition and something else before it will allow the car to start remotely. The last person i know that installed one on his manual shift car got in a hurry, pulled in, shut the car off, ran inside, started the car as he was coming out remotely and it went through his garage door. He had bypassed all of the safeties because he did not want to run wiring. Needless to say the car was badly damaged as well.

The fluid leak was from a failed hydro TOB, feedline, or the slave cylinder or clutch pedal actuator.

kathy59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kathy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Eco boost
^^^ Unless something has changed -- and I doubt it has -- a manual transmission does not come FACTORY with remote start nor is it offered as an option ...by any automaker today. Only autos have that option because of all of the risks involved. So it is highly likely that your son or the previous owner added an aftermarket remote start to the car after the fact. I know of one person who has a remote start manual. An old boss of mine had one installed and the process just to allow it to work before he gets in the next time takes him more time to set before getting out than he now realizes that it was worth having an aftermarket installer put in. E-brake has to be on, car has to be in neutral, and there is some sequence with the ignition and something else before it will allow the car to start remotely. The last person i know that installed one on his manual shift car got in a hurry, pulled in, shut the car off, ran inside, started the car as he was coming out remotely and it went through his garage door. He had bypassed all of the safeties because he did not want to run wiring. Needless to say the car was badly damaged as well.

The fluid leak was from a failed hydro TOB, feedline, or the slave cylinder or clutch pedal actuator.
You are right, I got confused it had a start button on the dash and it was lit when I came out from work the headlights were on it was late at night. I tried to push it and turn it off and it cranked, I tried to put it in neutral and touched the clutch and I believe it cranked then too I was mortified when it kept trying to take off. I caught a ride home and left it with headlights on and the start button lit I had no choice. I can say it scared me to death and everyone that was there to witness it. I never imagined anything like that was possible, my son did say he had a few electrical issues that would come and go. There was obviously something very wrong with it and it was odd that everything happened at once.
Sponsored