I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
S/W Ford Racing on 3/13/15

The is an issue with the lactite on the bolts of the half shafts and that the bolts could actually come out of the half shafts. They do need the half shafts sent back. I advised that the haft shafts are already on my car however, my car is still at the shop and having the super charger install. I also advised that they will be paying for all of the labor and shipping associated with this issue. After some talking they have decided to contact my tuner to resolve the issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So, I ordered the Ford Racing halfshafts from AM on January 5th. I just had these installed into my car last week; plus a lot of other parts, my car is almost finished. I receive a message from Rod "or Rob" at Ford Racing in regards to there being a "Glitch" in the manufacturing of the halfshafts and that I need to return them. I believe that these are manufactured by Gforce Engineering for Ford Racing.

Message sent to AM on 3/12/15

Message sent to Gforce on 3/12/15

Response from Gforce: You might contact Ford Racing to see what the issue is as we have not been told of any issues.
I'll see if I can find out what it is.

I am completely pissed off!!! One of the 3 companies needs to fix this issue ASAP and before I take legal action. These are already on my car and I will not be paying extra for the uninstall of these plus shipping back to them. Also, I am not going to deal with the down time. I fully expect them to send me new halfshafts and for them to pay for the labor+shipping. Then I will mail their defective halfshafts back.

Now I wish that I would have went with the DSS halfshafts.
Why is everyone so fast to post stuff like this before reaching out to the vendor? This seems to be the third post on stuff like this today. Then post..I am threatening legal action? Really? Seems like the wrong way to go about it. I am sure this will piss you off but, doesn't bother me if it does.

People...reach out to your vendor, in this case AM. They have some of the best customer service out of any company, in any industry. I am sure they will work with you on this.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Why is everyone so fast to post stuff like this before reaching out to the vendor? This seems to be the third post on stuff like this today. Then post..I am threatening legal action? Really? Seems like the wrong way to go about it. I am sure this will piss you off but, doesn't bother me if it does.

People...reach out to your vendor, in this case AM. They have some of the best customer service out of any company, in any industry. I am sure they will work with you on this.

I agree!!

Just remove them yourself. Its not hard.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

Legal action...you d_mn right! This type of stuff shouldn't happen and I am not waiting around for weeks for this to get straighten out. This should have came up months ago. And to get a message in regards to just sending them back, like it is no big deal.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I agree!!

Just remove them yourself. Its not hard.
Lol, yeah ok... This is not MY F__KING fault that they messed up the manufacturing!! Why should I be inconvenience and pay for any of the shipping or labor??? Maybe you are fine with getting screwed but I'm not.

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Lol, yeah ok... This is not MY F__KING fault that they messed up the manufacturing!! Why should I be inconvenience and pay for any of the shipping or labor??? Maybe you are fine with getting screwed but I'm not.

It's a part of paving the way. You wanted to be one of the first, so you will be one of the first with potential problems.

This is exactly why some people wait a year or so before going too deep into their build. Sometimes this shit happens with brand new development of parts.

Quit acting like they owe you something other than a replacement.

What if you had installed them yourself, would you bill them an hourly rate for your labor?

I'm on your side, as a consumer, but you are going to be doing this for far too long with that mindset... :frusty:

Hope you get a quick resolution. Not happy to hear that these Half Shafts have a potential issue.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
2 weeks... That is the time frame that this needs to be resolved. One of them needs to contact my dealer, Parks Ford Wesley Chapel and coordinate & pay for this. After that, good luck...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Have you PM'd Alex L. from AM on here? What time did you send an email to them? I assumed you tried calling them or was it afterhours?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
2 weeks... That is the time frame that this needs to be resolved. One of them needs to contact my dealer, Parks Ford Wesley Chapel and coordinate & pay for this. After that, good luck...
:lol:

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
Good grief

Sponsored

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Or you can wait for one of them to break and leave you on the side of the road. Then you pay for the tow truck, them to uninstall the set, then send them back to Am, and wait the 2 plus weeks for a new set. All while they tell you, Sorry we told you about the problem with them. Here is your new set.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Mine as well as a few other locals are just fine. I am curious to know what this issue you speak of is.

As for your situation, it is definitely unfortunate and I feel for you.

If it makes you feel any better....I installed my Supercharger in October 2014.... The car has not really run (properly, WOT, etc) until just a few days ago. It is part of the game, and I know that. When dealing with aftermarket components and companies, this type of stuff can and will happen, especially like someone mentioned above - when you are one of the firsts.

I hope your issue gets resolved, I really do. Good luck!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Legal action? lol

You: I'm want money!
Judge: For what? They let you know there was a defect and are providing you a replacement.
You: I want labor fees!
Judge: Is that in their warranty?
You: No. But I want it anyway!
Judge: Pound sand.

Relax. Work with your vendor.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Same shit when things did not go his way over the first supercharger he ordered...
Oh yeah. Totally forgot about that thread debacle:lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored