Sponsored

Is this too good to be true?

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I think it's missing a ONE before the 4!!! $145,000 IMHO. Or a CL scam.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It's a scam. That car is for sale on BAT. Current bid is $90k.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Thanks for the answers. It seemed very suspect. There have been a few such ads the last few days.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
When the price of any such Muscle car or Collector car seems too good to be true based on the “story” and condition of the car - IT IS and is usually a scam for sure.

Always search out a VIN via any search engine but go to the “images” search. If the vehicle was posted online previously, even if it was the original legit sale - it will pull the listing and images.

BE VERY AWARE of some shady ass online scams gong on right now…. People are stealing car listing descriptions and images right off of BaT - and reusing them in phishing scams by creating fake for sale ads, fake auto sites that “will ship” and various postings on forums. These scammers are GOOD - they use the entire listings found on BaT and many other legit vehicle classified ad services online.

Ask the Seller for a current pic of the vehicle with a piece of paper laying on it, with hand written date and name on it…. If they can’t produce that, the car isn’t in their possession at all. If they can’t produce a legit address to show the car (say you’ll fly in to see it), then the car isn’t in their possession…. Ask them to list or name a current landmark near where the car is being sold…

The Ninja-Cars thread/website I posted on here - these scammers are stealing complete listings from BaT and acting as if they are the broker for those cars…

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Posting is down - it must have sold :crackup:

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
When the price of any such Muscle car or Collector car seems too good to be true based on the “story” and condition of the car - IT IS and is usually a scam for sure.

Always search out a VIN via any search engine but go to the “images” search. If the vehicle was posted online previously, even if it was the original legit sale - it will pull the listing and images.

BE VERY AWARE of some shady ass online scams gong on right now…. People are stealing car listing descriptions and images right off of BaT - and reusing them in phishing scams by creating fake for sale ads, fake auto sites that “will ship” and various postings on forums. These scammers are GOOD - they use the entire listings found on BaT and many other legit vehicle classified ad services online.

Ask the Seller for a current pic of the vehicle with a piece of paper laying on it, with hand written date and name on it…. If they can’t produce that, the car isn’t in their possession at all. If they can’t produce a legit address to show the car (say you’ll fly in to see it), then the car isn’t in their possession…. Ask them to list or name a current landmark near where the car is being sold…

The Ninja-Cars thread/website I posted on here - these scammers are stealing complete listings from BaT and acting as if they are the broker for those cars…
Hello; Among your good suggestions is the part about doing an images search. I went to a craigslist add and looked for some way to do that. I have no idea how to go about an image search it turns out. Does it require something special or and app?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Hello; Among your good suggestions is the part about doing an images search. I went to a craigslist add and looked for some way to do that. I have no idea how to go about an image search it turns out. Does it require something special or and app?
For image searching, I just got to BAT or CarGurus and enter some make/model criteria. Haven't missed nailing a suspicious ad yet.
Sponsored