Sponsored

Is this still the best/legit Extended Service Plan?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I hope I'm not to late to the party. I bought an extended warranty for my F-150 from Flood, and they are legit and easy to work with. However, while looking into an extended warranty for the brides '18 GT I found that Champion Ford has a much better price for the same genuine Ford ESP.

Here's a link if you want to run the numbers. These folks are also very helpful, and were fast in responding to all of my questions.

https://championfordwarranty.com/
Sponsored

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I hope I'm not to late to the party. I bought an extended warranty for my F-150 from Flood, and they are legit and easy to work with. However, while looking into an extended warranty for the brides '18 GT I found that Champion Ford has a much better price for the same genuine Ford ESP.

Here's a link if you want to run the numbers. These folks are also very helpful, and were fast in responding to all of my questions.

https://championfordwarranty.com/
Thanks for providing this. I haven't checked into them before. However, upon inspection now, looks like for the 8 year / 100,000 miles PremiumCARE the prices are about equal between Champion and Flood (in fact, Flood was a few $$'s cheaper when I looked).

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
So hypothetically speaking, say I live in (not-Florida) in a mobile home, and do not have a physical mail box. I get all of my mail delivered to a P.O. box. Can I put this mailing address down for the purposes of purchasing an ESP from Ford?

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
So hypothetically speaking, say I live in (not-Florida) in a mobile home, and do not have a physical mail box. I get all of my mail delivered to a P.O. box. Can I put this mailing address down for the purposes of purchasing an ESP from Ford?
Probably, plus, no one knows where DeLand is anyway, so you're safe! Except me, since I live here too.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for providing this. I haven't checked into them before. However, upon inspection now, looks like for the 8 year / 100,000 miles PremiumCARE the prices are about equal between Champion and Flood (in fact, Flood was a few $$'s cheaper when I looked).
You're welcome my friend. These dealers do change their prices at times. I must have been lucky, and hit Champion at the right time.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Probably, plus, no one knows where DeLand is anyway, so you're safe! Except me, since I live here too.
Haha true. I guess it woudn't hurt to try. I'll call Flood Ford on Monday and see what they say.

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
I just purchased from Flood. A 6 year 100k with a $100 deductible PremiumCare for my 2016 Ecoboost Premium was 1/3 the price of what Ford direct wanted me to pay.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Has anyone bought a warranty that wasn't from Ford? When I bought my Expedition in 2006 I got a warranty from the used car dealer that paid for a couple of small things and then a new transmission in 2011. I could use my own mechanic and I dont think they even sent anyone to look at the car. I was thinking performance mods might not be as big of an issue as it is with Ford.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone bought a warranty that wasn't from Ford? When I bought my Expedition in 2006 I got a warranty from the used car dealer that paid for a couple of small things and then a new transmission in 2011. I could use my own mechanic and I dont think they even sent anyone to look at the car. I was thinking performance mods might not be as big of an issue as it is with Ford.
I'm sure it would be worse with a third party warranty. In my one, and only experience with a third party warranty it was difficult to get even a non-modded car repair paid for.

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Yep... I bought my ESP from Flood Ford... 6yr -100k. Haven't had to use it yet... (knock on wood)

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The 1980s called, and they'd like their opinions on extended warranties back.

My last two Ford ESPs have paid for themselves plus, covering stuff that broke. Worth every penny.
To be fair, Ford would not sell them if (on average) they didn't make money. That being said, those are dirt cheap, particularly if you opt for a $200 deductable.

flyinghunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
About to pull the trigger on a Flood ESP for my 2016 GT.

Please note a price increase coming next week. From Flood Ford ESP website:

Prices good through 8/1/18. Lock in your price now. 2019 Ford ESP Pricing update arrives 8/2.

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Thanks OP. Saved about 100 dollars using Champion Ford over Flood on my 2015 GT

Clark Griswold

Food Additive Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Mustang
I'm a little confused, and am hoping someone here can help me out.

Bought my car used with 5k on the clock last year. It was built in May of 2015 and has 12k on the clock now, so I'm beyond the original 3 year/36k warranty.

So today I called my local ford dealer to ask about extended warranty. I mentioned the FloodFord ESP PremiumCare to them over the phone and the person I was talking to said they had "never heard of that". I asked about coverage for 6 years/60k miles and they quoted me $2,800 plus a $140 inspection fee to make sure nothing is damaged before the coverage begins.

I've attached a snippet from the FloodFord ESP for the coverage I want. Seems quite a bit less than what I was told over the phone today unless I'm missing something?

What do you all think?
flood_ford.JPG

flyinghunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I'm a little confused, and am hoping someone here can help me out.

Bought my car used with 5k on the clock last year. It was built in May of 2015 and has 12k on the clock now, so I'm beyond the original 3 year/36k warranty.

So today I called my local ford dealer to ask about extended warranty. I mentioned the FloodFord ESP PremiumCare to them over the phone and the person I was talking to said they had "never heard of that". I asked about coverage for 6 years/60k miles and they quoted me $2,800 plus a $140 inspection fee to make sure nothing is damaged before the coverage begins.

I've attached a snippet from the FloodFord ESP for the coverage I want. Seems quite a bit less than what I was told over the phone today unless I'm missing something?

What do you all think?
flood_ford.JPG
You should buy before midnight. Really!
Sponsored