Sponsored

Is this still the best/legit Extended Service Plan?

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience, when I worked at Honda as a service writer, they are a monumental pain in the ass and will do anything they can to get out of paying.

I did stick it to one of them once, on accident, I accidentally got a muffler warrantied which happened to be aftermarket lol. But that's about the only win I have, people paid a lot of money for those warranties up front and they would flat out deny covering other parts of the system that may have been/were part of the failure. If the AC went out because the compressor exploded, they would only cover the compressor, and the evac and recharge. Not the condenser or any of the lines.
Can confirm. Girlfriend had a 2007 Suzuki Forenza (Bought it in 2012) and because it was a piece of crap, we sprung for an extended service plan through some third party. Well, her timing belt snapped while she was going 75 on the highway and the resulting carnage meant basically a new engine. Service plan people literally broke it down piece by piece and only covered what actually broke due to the timing belt (belt - snapped, idler pulley - flew off and right thru the..., timing belt cover - pieced by idler pulley, a coolant line and some hose). Then they said they were going to be nice and cover half of the labor for the entire rebuild. We ended up paying $2200 and they paid $800 for a bunch of replaced internal parts and ~14 hours of labor.
Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
How about some relevant data points please! We all agree that 3rd party "warranties / service plans" are a scam. This thread is about the Ford ESP. The 2015 s550s came out in 2014, lots of beyond 3/36 cars out there. What are your experiences? Good or bad?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
How about some relevant data points please! We all agree that 3rd party "warranties / service plans" are a scam. This thread is about the Ford ESP. The 2015 s550s came out in 2014, lots of beyond 3/36 cars out there. What are your experiences? Good or bad?
I don't agree 3rd party warranties are a scam. I'm had some that didn't give me any trouble getting repairs done. I had one back in the early 2000's that was super easy to work with. I took the car wherever I wanted and they just paid them with an AmEx. I wish I still had their information, I can't remember the name of the company. My Ford ESP also covered a brake caliper without any drama (on my 2013 Laguna Seca).

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the confirmation that my ESP is activated. So yes, a P.O. Box address does work through Flood Ford. Everything was done by email. I'm going to wait a month or two and then see if I can call (800-392-3673) and change the address. There doesn't seem to be any online account maintenance.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
My experience with the Ford ESP Premium plan is that it is every bit as good as the original factory warranty. I purchased it for my new 89 T-Bird, my 98 Taurus, my 12 Mustang GT and now my new 19 Mustang GT. In every case except my new 19, the extended warranty paid for it self more than twice over! The new GT has so much technology in it there was no way I would not buy it.

We also bought and still have two Toyotas. An SUV and truck. Didn’t buy the extended warranty on those because after all, the’re Toyota’s. Both are well over 100K now and have never had a need for warranty repairs other than a few recalls on each.

Sponsored

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
The 1980s called, and they'd like their opinions on extended warranties back.

My last two Ford ESPs have paid for themselves plus, covering stuff that broke. Worth every penny.
I agree, extended warranties are well worth the price with all the sophisticated and expensive technology in today's cars, if you keep a car longer than the original three years/36,0000 mile threshold.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
We do? That started with my post about how great the 3rd party warranty was on my Expedition. It seem if you agree or disagree with your statement would depend on someones experience they had with a particular warranty. My original point was a 3rd party warranty might be less likely to notice, or blame a problem on a, mod than a dealer who sees these cars every day.
Sponsored