Sponsored

Is this a decent price?

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
I assume they will only go below the invoice if the customer is getting a loan, because in the long run, they are making more money?
Dealers make more money for selling more in bulk and the dealer hold back. Basically they can buy cars cheaper etc...

Dealers will always make sure they get their money.
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
In my search and purchase of my base gt pp I discovered a few things about dealers, inventory, and what determines if you can get a good deal. If the dealer is a big volume, low marketer , they more likely to offer the car to the buyer at a lower profit margin. They move alot of vehicles out the door weekly and grow the profit..The others dont move their inventory quickly, dont order too many of any one model (except f150s), wont budge much below rebates. The latter usally is dealer closest to you so you have to travel some distance to get the deal you feel good about..Well thats my take. My gt was nearly $5000 below msrp..before ttl though, but i felt good about it ..Wait there's one more type of purchase at a dealership..Uh, you are employee, good family or friend of dealership and you somehow get 10-15,000 off msrp:eyebulge: