Sponsored

Is There Anyone Still Waiting For Their 2019 GT350?

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
I feel like I may be one of the only ones left on here that ordered a 2019 GT350 and still getting the run around from Ford. I ordered 3/11/19. The on again off again allocation, the assignment of the VIN, going into production, then to Trim Line, now TO Strorage, has my car somewhere in the abyss. There is no longer an ETA, no movement and bad memories of steering wheels, transmissions, stripe issues and let us not forget the train strike conspiracy theories are running rampant. On top of which I am being told by FP that the car is waiting for special wheels, stripes and other things...... There are no special wheels, I was under the impression the stripe issue was resolved and at this point, who the hell knows what other things are. Just wondering if anyone out there is still getting jerked around like I am? I checked Auto Trader this morning, there are three within 90 miles from me if I am willing to go without a black roof, I would drive there tomorrow. At this point I am not willing to budge from the car the way I ordered it. Thanks for the Sunday Morning vent.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Sunday Morning vent was tamer than it should have been... you my friend have the patience of Job!

For those reading this post reply too fast, that was "Job" and an exclamation point (i.e. A reference to the biblical figure Job, having an immense and unyielding degree of patience and conviction, especially in the face of problems or difficulty).
NOT "Job-1" as Ford puts on their freshly produced Shelbys that are ready for the customer to drive. As of right now, I can't see Randy agreeing with the "Job-1" slogan at all...!!!!
Were all pulling for ya bud.

Last edited:

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I feel like I may be one of the only ones left on here that ordered a 2019 GT350 and still getting the run around from Ford. I ordered 3/11/19. The on again off again allocation, the assignment of the VIN, going into production, then to Trim Line, now TO Strorage, has my car somewhere in the abyss. There is no longer an ETA, no movement and bad memories of steering wheels, transmissions, stripe issues and let us not forget the train strike conspiracy theories are running rampant. On top of which I am being told by FP that the car is waiting for special wheels, stripes and other things...... There are no special wheels, I was under the impression the stripe issue was resolved and at this point, who the hell knows what other things are. Just wondering if anyone out there is still getting jerked around like I am? I checked Auto Trader this morning, there are three within 90 miles from me if I am willing to go without a black roof, I would drive there tomorrow. At this point I am not willing to budge from the car the way I ordered it. Thanks for the Sunday Morning vent.
Hang in there man....getting what you really want will be more important, in the long run, than this temporary frustration. And I can assure you of one thing: once you get it, and take it for a spin, all of these issues will be worth it!! This thing is incredible.

Plus, you'll be able to use the Cash line: You might say I went right up to the factory and picked it up, they're cheaper that way.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
The only thing that makes sense to me is your GT350's parts were redirected from the assembly to address the remaining stockpile - delaying your further. Mine was built March 19 and delivered six weeks later. It must have been the window of harmonic convergence where the parts supply was able to fulfill the timing of the assembly. Then from what I am reading, some cars ordered shortly thereafter got held up again,,,,so perhaps Ford decided to use parts in the pipleline to finish assembly in the stockpiled cars? Yet I read a few ordered after mine got short window delivery. Whatever the decision model made on what was built and what was delayed does not favor the customer. I read in another forum where a buyer was also in a long wait and tracking every step. As his car was near completion it was flagged by NHTSA for random crash testing! Unable to mitigate that car,, Ford started over and the second try was delivered in 6-8 weeks....while the first try was 6+months overdue.

Only you can decide if an alternative is acceptable. Whatever path you choose, we will keep routing for you. When I drove the beastie last evening, dodging the rain and wet roads, I thought of you (while scanning for flashy blue lights) and the voodoo magic you will eventually experience. ***sending Mark good JuJu***

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The only thing that makes sense to me is your GT350's parts were redirected from the assembly to address the remaining stockpile
You mean my car might have Mark's shifter of steering wheel. I definitely didn't rob his stripes since mine are white.
Thanks for the guilt trip there Mike! :frown:
(Note: The preceding two sentences were both typed in sarcastic font)

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
You mean my car might have Mark's shifter of steering wheel. I definitely didn't rob his stripes since mine are white.
Look at it this way dp, seems like Ford thinks you are the more important customer! At this point, I think Mark would prefer to have donated his kidney to you.

Reminds me of when I was assigned to a new cruise ship being built in Italy and the delivery was constantly delayed. Turned out the shipyard was using parts from our ship's construction to complete Disney's first ship, which was higher profile in the industry and Disney has a reputation: DO NOT cross the mouse!

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Sunday Morning vent was tamer than it should have been... you my friend have the patience of Job!

For those reading this post reply too fast, that was "Job" and an exclamation point (i.e. A reference to the biblical figure Job, having an immense and unyielding degree of patience and conviction, especially in the face of problems or difficulty).
NOT "Job-1" as Ford puts on their freshly produced Shelbys that are ready for the customer to drive. As of right now, I can't see Randy agreeing with the "Job-1" slogan at all...!!!!
Were all pulling for ya bud.
Thanks, Dave. I thought some good news was coming today as the car vanished from both tracking tools. It appeared just now, with the same In Production, Sent Off Site. I am hoping for some good news this week.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Hang in there man....getting what you really want will be more important, in the long run, than this temporary frustration. And I can assure you of one thing: once you get it, and take it for a spin, all of these issues will be worth it!! This thing is incredible.

Plus, you'll be able to use the Cash line: You might say I went right up to the factory and picked it up, they're cheaper that way.
I appreciate the support. Man, what a pain in the neck all these setbacks have been. Hoping for good news this week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
The only thing that makes sense to me is your GT350's parts were redirected from the assembly to address the remaining stockpile - delaying your further. Mine was built March 19 and delivered six weeks later. It must have been the window of harmonic convergence where the parts supply was able to fulfill the timing of the assembly. Then from what I am reading, some cars ordered shortly thereafter got held up again,,,,so perhaps Ford decided to use parts in the pipleline to finish assembly in the stockpiled cars? Yet I read a few ordered after mine got short window delivery. Whatever the decision model made on what was built and what was delayed does not favor the customer. I read in another forum where a buyer was also in a long wait and tracking every step. As his car was near completion it was flagged by NHTSA for random crash testing! Unable to mitigate that car,, Ford started over and the second try was delivered in 6-8 weeks....while the first try was 6+months overdue.

Only you can decide if an alternative is acceptable. Whatever path you choose, we will keep routing for you. When I drove the beastie last evening, dodging the rain and wet roads, I thought of you (while scanning for flashy blue lights) and the voodoo magic you will eventually experience. ***sending Mark good JuJu***
Thanks, Mike. I have heard so many theories, but yours makes the most sense. I can see my car sitting there needing a spoiler or stripes, thus holding it up. I am patiently going to give it until 9/1, If there is no movement, I will see who has what in my area. It sickens me to think on 9/11 my car will be on order for a full six months. I think someone has put a spell on any voodoo magic coming with my car. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
That explains it, Dave. There is a large amount of Cross Pollinating going on in Flatrock. Son of a gun, I knew I smelled someone breaking one of the Shelby Ten Commandments.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Things in Italy are always delayed or have electrical problems. When you buy an Italian made car or motorcycle, you learn that.
Rob,

Thanks! That explains it. I knew it took a while for spaghetti to get here.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Look at it this way dp, seems like Ford thinks you are the more important customer! At this point, I think Mark would prefer to have donated his kidney to you.

Reminds me of when I was assigned to a new cruise ship being built in Italy and the delivery was constantly delayed. Turned out the shipyard was using parts from our ship's construction to complete Disney's first ship, which was higher profile in the industry and Disney has a reputation: DO NOT cross the mouse!
Mike,

I must admit, between kidneys and cruise ships, it makes my problems seem small. Don't mess with Mickey! OMG. Lol.
Sponsored