Is There a New Warranty on a Replacement GT350 Engine?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If an Original Owner is offered the following, due to virtue of a Ford Case Claim for major Warranty repair(s):

1) A Ford Maintenance plan up to 45k miles
2) A Ford Extended Warranty for up to 75k+ miles

... these are Ford Customer satisfaction offers to quell and keep the Customer as a “Loyal Ford Customer”. These are NOT transferable - not to another owner and as far as I was told, not even to another Ford product IF the Original Owner opts to getting rid of the car via trade in or a Ford Buy Back vehicle replacement.

I had both of the above given to me by Ford on my prior 2016 that eventually ended up as a Ford RAV Buy Back. When I took ownership of my new 2018 as the replacement, Ford would not transfer either Customer Loyalty “gifts” at all - not to my new 2018, and they did not stay with the 2016. The Plans get cancelled as they are assigned to the VIN to which they were offered.

—-

Also to note, I don’t know why there is such a misconception about Ford ESP’s or that people are not being told how those warranties work. If a new Ford Owner is being pushed any ESP plan, do know snd realize that the Ford ESP’s run concurrently with the Ford new car 3/36 and 5/60 Powertrain. This means the ESP that is being purchased starts the day the car was, sold - NOT after the 3/36 or 5/60 runs out. It’s even stated in the fine print of those plans.
  • 3/36 = new car bumper to bumper
  • 5/60 = Powertrain (engine, trans & rear), runs concurrently with the 3/36.
  • Ford ESPs = multi Mo/Mile plans available, but these run concurrently with the above 3/36 and 5/60 and start as of the date of vehicle purchase.

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Was going to post that. 1year, 12k warranty on replacement if you have less then that on remaining warranty.

As stated above too, you can get up to an 8 yr warranty which starts from day 1 and right before it expires, you can renew it again. Depending on mileage on car at time of renewal, you can do up to another 5 years.

I did a 8 yr on my 11 Explorer and did another 3 right before it expires. Did a 7 year on my 2015 6.7 f350 and will be doing another 5 year this month as my 7 yr expires at the end of April.
I didn't know you could extend a Ford ESP past the 8 year point for example. Did you contact the dealership you purchased it through originally to do that?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’m guessing here, but i would think that would be a hard no, as that warranty job was completed with a different owner.

i had to start a case with ford, and then stay in contact with a regional rep to get anything done. also, from reading throughout the various interwebs, it appears ford stopped handing those extended warranties out so easily at some point.
Good points.. So after my original powertrain warranty expires, my options are to purchase another warranty from Ford or get an aftermarket warranty like Fidelity.
..and based on other posts above, it looks like the car will eventually be too old for Ford to even offer their warranty so an aftermarket warranty like Fidelity may be the only option down the road.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I didn't know you could extend a Ford ESP past the 8 year point for example. Did you contact the dealership you purchased it through originally to do that?
Yes you can. Ford offers Used vehicle ESPs when you are beyond your bumper to bumper. Requires a dealer inspection and the form to be submitted to Ford. There is also a 30 day grace period before it begins. They are sold in 1yr/12k increments. So a 2yr/36k, 4yr/60k, 4yr/48k etc. The length and mileage term is determined based on how many miles currently on the vehicle. So a 7yr old truck like mine with 110,000 miles on it would only be able to get a 2 or 3 yr plan with a 24k or so limit.. and the premium care plan may not be available. My same 7yr old truck with 58k on it (which is what is really on it) is eligible for all plans and up to 60k miles and 5yrs more of coverage. Same deductible options etc.

If you buy a used vehicle ESP while still under your ESP, there is no grace period and no inspection required since you are still under warranty (esp). The only downside to the Used ESPs is they start the day you buy it. So my ESP I believe expires at the end of April, lets say April 28th. If I renewed it now, the 4 or 5 years I choose would start today, not at the end of your current ESP. So you would want to wait till the last day or two before you renew otherwise you have overlapped coverage.

I go through the same guy I have been referring members to from forums for the last 10 years. He sells the used ones at cost too but does require the inspection form to be faxed or emailed to him completed by a local dealer if you are not under any type of ESP coverage.

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Yes you can. Ford offers Used vehicle ESPs when you are beyond your bumper to bumper. Requires a dealer inspection and the form to be submitted to Ford. There is also a 30 day grace period before it begins. They are sold in 1yr/12k increments. So a 2yr/36k, 4yr/60k, 4yr/48k etc. The length and mileage term is determined based on how many miles currently on the vehicle. So a 7yr old truck like mine with 110,000 miles on it would only be able to get a 2 or 3 yr plan with a 24k or so limit.. and the premium care plan may not be available. My same 7yr old truck with 58k on it (which is what is really on it) is eligible for all plans and up to 60k miles and 5yrs more of coverage. Same deductible options etc.

If you buy a used vehicle ESP while still under your ESP, there is no grace period and no inspection required since you are still under warranty (esp). The only downside to the Used ESPs is they start the day you buy it. So my ESP I believe expires at the end of April, lets say April 28th. If I renewed it now, the 4 or 5 years I choose would start today, not at the end of your current ESP. So you would want to wait till the last day or two before you renew otherwise you have overlapped coverage.

I go through the same guy I have been referring members to from forums for the last 10 years. He sells the used ones at cost too but does require the inspection form to be faxed or emailed to him completed by a local dealer if you are not under any type of ESP coverage.
Thanks!!