Sponsored

Is the Procharger HO kit CARB legal yet?

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
Just curious if the kit has been certified to the 2015 S550 platform yet. When I bought my kit in 2015 I was told it would be CARB legal soon so I made the purchase. Here we are 3 years later and all I get every time I call procharger is that it's still pending. Does anyone have any idea if it will ever be certified? I'm considering a 2018 GT but I can't legally sell my current car in CA if it's not emissions compliant. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just curious if the kit has been certified to the 2015 S550 platform yet. When I bought my kit in 2015 I was told it would be CARB legal soon so I made the purchase. Here we are 3 years later and all I get every time I call procharger is that it's still pending. Does anyone have any idea if it will ever be certified? I'm considering a 2018 GT but I can't legally sell my current car in CA if it's not emissions compliant. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Never going to happen. Just a marketing tactic. With all the guys on here who have had to get rid of the Procharger tune to make their cars run right, I don’t see how that can be considered something CARB would ever be certifying.

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
That's a great question. Would be really nice if Pro-charger would be CARB legal for the 2015-2017 mustangs. I won't buy a supercharger without the CARB cert.

Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That's a great question. Would be really nice if Pro-charger would be CARB legal for the 2015-2017 mustangs. I won't buy a supercharger without the CARB cert.
Vortech has a 50state legal kit, as does Edelbrock.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thought they did finally get their EO? [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION]

Quote from the Procharger website.

"ProCharger made big news in the past by adding 300 bolt-on horsepower to otherwise stock 2015-2017 Mustang GTs, and then recently at SEMA announced a 50-State Legal EO certified system for 2015-17 GT’s aimed squarely at California’s enthusiast market."

Now whether that is backwards applicable to existing systems dunno.

Last edited:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Never going to happen. Just a marketing tactic.
We do have an EO system now, and it wasn't just marketing tactics.

Sadly thanks to VW, and that mess the system got a little bogged down.
Also the Mustang is the first LV3 ultra low emissions car out of the big three to be tested. (Corvettes, Camaros, are all much easier to pass)

The EO process used to be very smooth, and pretty quick. However its a bit more tricky these days, however still do-able.

Now whether that is backwards applicable to existing systems dunno.
Due to some major changes in the CARB process, and the way the system was shaken up with the OEM mess....

The short answer is "NO" that backdating systems to an EO will not be allowed.... (we don't make the rules, so our hands are tied on this)

For more details on the EO system please contact [email protected] or watch our website as it will be updated shortly after returning from PRI.

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vortech has a 50state legal kit, as does Edelbrock.
All are great choices. But for me the supercharger has to sound good too. The Procharger pump with the Helical gear set sounds amazing. I've heard a few Roots style superchargers that sound really good too, but they were running really high boost. I completely understand that most companies have tried really hard to make their superchargers quiet, unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for. I spent a decent amount of time and money getting my exhaust to sound right for me. I see no reason to expect less out of a supercharger.

It would be really cool if Procharger could get CARB certs for both the HO and stage II systems.

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did a little more digging.
California Air Resources Board Executive order D-365-11 Covers 2015-2017 Ford Mustang 5.0
The executive order was issued on 10-16-2017.

It looks like I will be waiting for a new kit from Procharger that moves the supercharger to the Passengers side and allows the use of the stock air box.:)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubedog

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
Did a little more digging.
California Air Resources Board Executive order D-365-11 Covers 2015-2017 Ford Mustang 5.0
The executive order was issued on 10-16-2017.

It looks like I will be waiting for a new kit from Procharger that moves the supercharger to the Passengers side and allows the use of the stock air box.:)
This is great news! How do I get a carb cert sticker?

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great news! How do I get a carb cert sticker?
Hopefully Pro-charger will offer a kit with all the parts that need to be swapped out to make past HO kits CARB legal.
The Executive order says the system has to use the Stock intake lid/box with hydrocarbon trap. To do this the supercharger would need to be moved to the passengers side like the picture shown.
My guess is the kit wouldn't be cheap.

I'm going to wait until I see Pro-charger Kit 1FW411-SCI on the Team Beefcake site before I purchase anything. My guess is it's probably going to take a few months.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Same thing with the Vortech and Paxton kits.

I'll have to switch the stock intake box back on the car to keep it CARB legal. For normal street duty I run a filter mounted direct on the blower lol :)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Sorry I have nothing of value to add here, but this picture of a Procharger mounted Paxton-style really tripped me out for a second, lol.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
It would be really cool if Procharger could get CARB certs for both the HO and stage II systems.

Won't be possible as the CARB certification requires using a stock airbox, which those kits are not compatible with. Hence the new CARB approved kit relocates the blower to the front of the motor.
Sponsored