Sponsored

Is the OPG a concern for daily driven GT's?

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Agreed. I have seen more than 6 on the Facebook pages. But dealers offer little info because Ford immediately takes the engines back to HQ without allowing anyone to take them apart.
Yea this is false. I work in a Ford Service department and they make you jump through hoops tearing everything apart to find causal failure before they let you do anything.
Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Yea this is false. I work in a Ford Service department and they make you jump through hoops tearing everything apart to find causal failure before they let you do anything.
I know that's generally the case. These owners must be mistaken. More than a few are claiming that Ford sends an engineer and if the engineer finds cause, the engine is shipped back to Dearborn and a replacement is ordered. No teardown and inspection done by the dealer.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
SOUNDS like chicken little the sky is falling the sky is falling. As a tech I hear this BS all the time and most of it is self induced.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Lots of boosted cars on this site on stock OPGs, no issue. These's also a handful of S550s locally with manifolds that rev to 8K constantly, race several times a week for the last year or so and no issues. Plan for it but dont make it a must have now, especially NA.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
No issues with my stock OPG and CSS. I don't just putt along like a grandpa on a sunny Sunday afternoon, but I'm not out beating the sh*t out of it, bouncing it off the rev limiter and treating it like a rented mule, either.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thx for all the replies to date - good info
Sponsored