Sponsored

Is it worth trading a GT for a Mach 1 or GT350?

Rbp_280z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang 5.0
I currently have a 2022 GT 5.0 non-performance with 8,000 miles and the factory warranty. The Mustang is my second car so I mainly use it for spirited driving on the weekends and commuting to work every now and then. I will be using it for road trips with my wife.

I was thinking of trading my GT in for a Mach 1 or GT350. Is it worth paying additional $12$-$15k to get a Mach 1 or GT350 or should I just keep my GT?
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
If you test drive a GT350... you're probably going to want to trade in your car for it.

Not sure about the M1. I've never driven one. I do own a PP2 and have been told the PP2 is similar on the street to the M1 but not on the track because of the coolers and a couple other things. I also own a GT350 and it's a lot different than the PP2. As far as $$ goes, to each their own.

P.S. I'm not a track rat, just a joy rider.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I currently have a 2022 GT 5.0 non-performance with 8,000 miles and the factory warranty. The Mustang is my second car so I mainly use it for spirited driving on the weekends and commuting to work every now and then. I will be using it for road trips with my wife.

I was thinking of trading my GT in for a Mach 1 or GT350. Is it worth paying additional $12$-$15k to get a Mach 1 or GT350 or should I just keep my GT?
it is your money.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I went from a 15gt premium non-hp to a 21 Mach 1.
I found the engine and chassis to be a huge upgrade so I was happy I did it.
I also paid under msrp before the covid price increases.
I chose between a gt350 and Mach 1 and even though I love the 350, it wasnā€™t practical for year round driving imo.
In your case , less of an upgrade to the Mach 1 but I guess it all depends what you can get for your ride and how much you paid.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
If you want a manual, you will probably like the M1 and 350 Tremec manuals better than the GT manual.

If you like to drive above 4500 rpm youā€™ll probably like the 350 more than the M1. If you donā€™t like to have to be at high rpmā€™s to feel the power youā€™ll probably like the M1 better than the 350.

A lot of people love the sound of the 350, some people donā€™t think itā€™s a big deal.

Both will handle much better than your GT. Find a Mach with the handling package if you can.

The whole cost/resale/reliability topic between the two is worth considering too. 350ā€™s cost more than M1ā€™s but hold their value better too. Engine reliability is a hot button topic that you can research separately.

Good luck with your choice!

Last edited:

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
If for road trips, I would pick the Mach 1 over the GT. The M1 looks nicer to me over a regular GT. I always stare at the one at my job that parks near me. But if spirited driving is mostly what the car will see, I would pick the GT350.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
If your Mustang will never see a road course, keeping your GT or even a Mach 1 is a more compelling choice. But if you like to push your car to redline on your spirited drives, the GT350 is like no other factory modern Mustang, save for the Boss 302. A test drive will help you decision a great deal šŸ˜Ž

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I have been looking at doing this but the transaction costs kill me. Paying $2000 at least in tax plus $1000 in other fees and then trading in the GT is a loss of at least 5k on the fair value. Tough pill to swallow.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Depends what you wanna do with the car? Guessing itā€™s a huge price to upgrade so make
Sure youā€™re getting exactly what you want. If youā€™re looking for more power just do a supercharger. If youā€™re looking to track the car then 100% buy a gt350. The Mach1 is kind of a grey area. You donā€™t get really any more performance.. and track wise it is only slightly better than a PP1 and not as good as a PP2 and the Mach1 price is insaneā€¦ Personally the only Reason to upgrade to the Mach1 is if you want a manual mustang that will not break. The Tremec in a mach1 is worth every penny.. I think the Mach1 is a great car but right now the market is flooded with people trying to get way to much for them. Thatā€™s why there is a ton for sale but none actually selling. People would rather spend the same and get a new 24 mustang.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rbp_280z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang 5.0
Depends what you wanna do with the car? Guessing itā€™s a huge price to upgrade so make
Sure youā€™re getting exactly what you want. If youā€™re looking for more power just do a supercharger. If youā€™re looking to track the car then 100% buy a gt350. The Mach1 is kind of a grey area. You donā€™t get really any more performance.. and track wise it is only slightly better than a PP1 and the Mach1 price is insaneā€¦Personally the only Reason to upgrade to the Mach1 is if you want a manual mustang that will not break. The Tremec in a mach1 is worth every penny.. I think the Mach1 is a great car but right now the market is flooded with people trying to get way to much for them. Thatā€™s why there is a ton for sale but none actually selling. People would rather spend the same and get a new 24 mustang.
I love cars since I was a kid and now that Iā€™m older and financially stable, I finally get to enjoy my hard work. Honestly, I been using the GT just for running errands and spirited drives here and there. I love just going to the garage and staring at it lol. 2 years ago, my wife bought me an all black 2022 GT with the 401a package and we had to sell it when our first child was born. Now, we were able to purchase the same exact Mustang but with the active exhaust.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
If you can find a gently used 2020 GT350 you will be spending around $65,000 for a 4 year old car that is out of the 3/36 warranty and soon the 5/60. If you can find a gently used 2023 Mach 1 you will be spending around the mid $50k ish for a car that is still under full warranty and give you power, handling, looks, daily drivability etc. The 350 is an amazing car, no doubt. But, the Mach 1 isn't too shabby either. Shop around. Test drive them. I bet after you drive them both the answer will be clear.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I love cars since I was a kid and now that Iā€™m older and financially stable, I finally get to enjoy my hard work. Honestly, I been using the GT just for running errands and spirited drives here and there. I love just going to the garage and staring at it lol. 2 years ago, my wife bought me an all black 2022 GT with the 401a package and we had to sell it when our first child was born. Now, we were able to purchase the same exact Mustang but with the active exhaust.
If youā€™re older and financially stable and really love mustangs then I would actually recommend the Manual Mach1.. such a blast to drive with the tremec.. it really is amazing. It comes with active exhaust already and if you take care of it, it will
Never lose its value as it will always be worth a decent amount compared to a regular Gt which are worth nothing as there is 1,000,000ā€™s
Of them on the road. Splurge and get the Mach1. Congrats. šŸ‘šŸ»

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I don't think your wife would appreciate road trips in a GT350 if it's anything like a GT500. My son has a 2021 GT500 and him and his girlfriend took a long road trip with it. She took a plane home.
Yep.. My wife has ridden shotgun in my 18 GT and 20 Scat Pack. She told me my Mach 1 is the most comfortable out of the 3.
Sponsored