Sponsored

Is anyone here data logging/HP tuner on a MacBook Pro ? I can’t get it to work.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Gotcha. I missed the part where it was an M1. That’s why I use my old MacBook instead of the one I replaced it with. I agree buying a cheap windows laptop or older Mac/bootcamp would be easiest
Took a bit of work but I got it setup nice on mine. My main issue is that I switched to sct for my new tuner and none of the sct software is arm compatible. It runs but the stupid device drivers they require won’t install properly and I have no idea how to convert them
Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
So you never tried following the instructions to use VCM Scanner?
Not those instructions I thought the issue I was running into was related to my Mac “user interface” issue. I thought the editor was for data logging. Thanks for brining that to my attention about the stupid editor. Now when I get off work I’ll try it on both laptops. I may have to return this stupid windows laptop 💻 😂

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys. It won’t work on Mac but it does work on my windows pc. I got the gauges to move so it’s working! I’ll data log tomorrow and upload it on here

Last edited:
OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
The logo for this config file a browser logo is this right? It’s not working for me even on the windows, so I’m trying to figure this out

IMG_6119.jpeg

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The logo for this config file a browser logo is this right? It’s not working for me even on the windows, so I’m trying to figure this out
You open the channel config file from inside VCM scanner. The instructions are pretty clear on the steps. I'd recommend watching some YouTube vides that show you step by step what to do. There are plenty of them out there. Just search on HP Tuners datalog VCM scanner.

1716393085008-cu.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
You open the channel config file from inside VCM scanner. The instructions are pretty clear on the steps. I'd recommend watching some YouTube vides that show you step by step what to do. There are plenty of them out there. Just search on HP Tuners datalog VCM scanner.

1716393085008-cu.png
I did do that and I see the file in there too. I just uninstalled and redownloaded the beta version. I wanted to know if it was normal for that file to have a browser icon

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I did do that and I see the file in there too. I just uninstalled and redownloaded the beta version. I wanted to know if it was normal for that file to have a browser icon
Yes, because windows uses a browser by default to open XML files.
1716393428365-9l.png

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
😡

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
You did the instructions out of order.... you have to load the channels before hitting the button to connect to the vehicle. In your video, you are already connected to the vehicle which is why you can't add the channels.
1716402752012-v6.png

Don't take this the wrong way, this process does require you to be a little tech savvy. This is why the majority of the tuners now use the TDN setup so capturing and sending logs is much more streamlined/easier. I imagine they used to spend tons of time answering questions on the process.. Again, I suggest watching some youtube videos and do a bunch of homework so you feel more comfortable with the process.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
You did the instructions out of order.... you have to load the channels before hitting the button to connect to the vehicle. In your video, you are already connected to the vehicle which is why you can't add the channels.
1716402752012-v6.png

Don't take this the wrong way, this process does require you to be a little tech savvy. This is why the majority of the tuners now use the TDN setup so capturing and sending logs is much more streamlined/easier. I imagine they used to spend tons of time answering questions on the process.. Again, I suggest watching some youtube videos and do a bunch of homework so you feel more comfortable with the process.

Thank you I did try it both ways and it wouldn’t work for me. I even downloaded and reinstalled the software and I’m still having issues. I’ll do more research
Sponsored