Sponsored

Is anyone else in northern climates just getting their S550 out of hibernation? How does it feel?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's 80+ degrees here. My tires like it. My car is DD'd all year 'round.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yeah man. 30-40cm today the another 30-40cm tomorrow. 🙄
20220413_102925.jpg
Jeez! My CTV news alerts let me know you were getting pummeled. Usually we're a couple days after you but hopefully this stays a little further north of me. I had planned to switch over to summer tires on my other cars but I think i'll hold off for a week and see what comes of this. I can't remember the dates that my insurance requires snow tires on for...

I already put my snow blower and shovels away... this has gone on far too long lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I don't do that until May, I've learned...

Ok this is crazy!

Just flipping through the news if the day... Apparently where I live, we had the warmest day of the year so far... 20.3 Celsius (68 F). Next article is about the massive storm in northern states Manitoba that could leave 80 cm of snow! This is screwed up...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is screwed up...
Yep. Basically replacing 75% of the snow that all ready melted. Disappointing cause I need to get some tuning logs haha.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Oh man... so I literally got a Special Weather Statement pop up on my phone...

Snow this weekend. I’m not getting out my blower! Guess I’ll leave the snows on for a week and run that snow down!
DE03F993-739B-4CF3-A92D-714F9F585906.png

21 now and snow Saturday. Grr. Have to move my daughter gone this weekend from university.

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX 4 2021 Mustang GT
Any other long suffering northerners here? Have you begun your annual ritual of reviving your hot rod?

I know that Mustangs can be safely driven in winter weather and plenty of you guys do just that. In fact this was my original plan for my car until a little hatchback fell into my hands and took the burden off of the Ford. So since I don't HAVE to expose the Mustang to corrosive road salt, I don't.

This time of year, my Mustang and Dart start to come out of their extended sleep. Once the roads are dry and free of salt, all bets are off. Here in CT, we usually have salt free roads until early November so there's at least four months (usually five) for car enthusiasts without their preferred machines. The positive side of this is that we get a chance to experience them all over again with fresh eyes.

I have about 100 miles on my 2020 GT so far this year and I have to say that it feels amazing. It feels quicker than I remember and louder too. I had also forgotten how good the car handles. No, it's still not a true sports car but it feels pretty damn close. The chassis feels incredibly rigid, turn-in is crisp, grip is surprisingly high (even on cold roads). Basically, I'm reminded of why this Mustang managed to pry my beloved S197 out of my hands and why I had no trouble justifying thousands of dollars of upgrades to accentuate what was already great about this car.

What has your experience been like?
Bought mine in December. The entire car is getting wrapped with satin finish PPF in Penticton. Will have it out for the first real time next Wednesday weather is good out in the Okanagan. Bought a wind deflector for the convertible so I can have the top down no matter what the temp. Feel like a kid at Christmas. Then will leave the truck out there and drive the Mustang home through the mountains back to Calgary as soon as the winter decides to finally stop.

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I try to strike a reasonable balance, between protecting the car from winter, and driving it. Roads are clean enough for me to get out some on a nice day. Weird day a week ago, we hit a record high temp, and had a great drive top down.
Did you buy a wind deflector? What year is yours?

mikgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT California Special
Got the Lovethedrive.com defelctor, it's on a 2019. Deflector and windows up, can drive around freezing and feel the heat.

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Got the Lovethedrive.com defelctor, it's on a 2019. Deflector and windows up, can drive around freezing and feel the heat.
Nice. Yeah I bought the same one. Do you hand wash your car all the time or touch less car wash?

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
We got both the 1985 and the 2017 out today. It feels soooo, nice! 68 degrees and sunny! Ahhh!
Sponsored