Sponsored

Is anybody tuning their 18???

Spoolie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 ecoboost
I haven't seen one post about an aftermarket tune on the 18. What's the deal? Is ford going to make a tune? Or anybody for that matter? I've been wanting to tune for a while. I have a mbrp downpipe, IC and CAI, that I'm waiting to install until there is a tune available for the a10.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I don't believe anyone tunes for the 18+ yet. Shops keep saying they are working on it but no eta yet. No word on Ford performance

Boom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ecoboost
Ford Keeps saying end of summer. There was a video where Justin from American Muscle was at For Performance and they talked about the tune for the 2018+ Ecoboost. Currently they've only been able to get 15-20 extra HP but they are still working on it. I'll try to find the video but yeah at least we know they are actually working on it.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Last I heard Cobb expect to have something by the end of next month, probably a little sooner.

Thats when tuners who use Accessports (Tune+, PD Tuning, etc.) will start to offer custom tunes I bet

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Ford Keeps saying end of summer. There was a video where Justin from American Muscle was at For Performance and they talked about the tune for the 2018+ Ecoboost. Currently they've only been able to get 15-20 extra HP but they are still working on it. I'll try to find the video but yeah at least we know they are actually working on it.
15 to 20??? It's a turbo motor, it shouldnt be hard to get more than that even safely.

Sponsored

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Remember how long it took Ford to put out the first Ecoboost tune. It was like 14 months if I remember correctly.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I believe Ford Performance says Fall time frame, but their credibility with sticking to a time frame is shot.

Boom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ecoboost
15 to 20??? It's a turbo motor, it shouldnt be hard to get more than that even safely.
Yeah I said the same thing. This is the video but if you only care about the Ecoboost tune just skip to 13:36

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
See my new thread - where the hell is my accessport. I have been in my car since April now.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Subscribed.

Hopefully by subscribing to all of the "when will the '18 tunes be here?" threads I can make it happen faster... FWIW, I could live with +20 hp @ 6500 rpm if there was a +100hp gain at 3500 rpm. I'm easy that way.

Sponsored

The Baby Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost
Mine is tuned but using HP tuners/Ngauage. Also it's a manual. I also have a larger turbo so the problems you have tuning this are insane, basically it fights everything and shuts the throttle blade to 15% when it isn't getting the expected response/data returned. Mine runs ok but everything I am doing now is for when better tuning options are available. Just wait for Cobb they're really close I talk to them almost weekly. I would say less than 3 weeks. Wish I could provide some useful feedback but at this point what's a few more weeks.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few more weeks is doable.... but waiting has been painful

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
I have heard around the same thing around facebook and talking to COBB recently.
Been wanting a tune since January when I got the car. Soon, soon. Here's hoping it's kickass. I want to gap some people.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Im tired of being loud and slow (catless turbo back CP-e exhaust). I want to be loud and fast lol

Bartosh910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
I have an automatic 2018 that's been tuned since late May by Unleashed.
Sponsored