Sponsored

While everyone is losing their minds, I'm just over here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Just make sure you monitor your ignition corrections and knock counts and ofcourse the OAR. Yes even e30 is not enough to beat any newer V8's like that which is why I'm upgrading my turbo ;)
Drag racing is largely an issue of traction. We have dragged the paint off a gen 2 CTS-V, multiple G8s, modded Mazdaspeed 3's, Subarus, etc. My car dead hooks and with the Adam E30 tune, it is pretty deadly on the street. One of the things that makes it deadly is the tiny stock turbo and how quickly it spools. Brake and gas hammered to the floor and let it fly on 15+ psi.

Mike
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Drag racing is largely an issue of traction. We have dragged the paint off a gen 2 CTS-V, multiple G8s, modded Mazdaspeed 3's, Subarus, etc. My car dead hooks and with the Adam E30 tune, it is pretty deadly on the street. One of the things that makes it deadly is the tiny stock turbo and how quickly it spools. Brake and gas hammered to the floor and let it fly on 15+ psi.

Mike
Look at all those people you are stomping with the stock turbo Mike! And to think a few months ago you were ready to dump the car:)

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Look at all those people you are stomping with the stock turbo Mike! And to think a few months ago you were ready to dump the car:)
I let my kid go race it, LOL. He rolled a Catfish with a 5.3 and a 150 shot and only lost by a car. Most people want to roll race it. While it does fine on the roll, the car is really deadly out of the hole with the Nitto 05Rs on it. I would be reluctant to go to a turbo that takes signifantly more time to spool simply for the fact that the stocker is a real equalizer on the street. Maybe a Vargas Stage 1.

Mike

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I let my kid go race it, LOL. He rolled a Catfish with a 5.3 and a 150 shot and only lost by a car. Most people want to roll race it. While it does fine on the roll, the car is really deadly out of the hole with the Nitto 05Rs on it. I would be reluctant to go to a turbo that takes signifantly more time to spool simply for the fact that the stocker is a real equalizer on the street. Maybe a Vargas Stage 1.

Mike
100% agree. That's why wheels and tires are my next upgrade. If you've got even decent rubber this car is a powerhouse from light to light on the street.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
100% agree. That's why wheels and tires are my next upgrade. If you've got even decent rubber this car is a powerhouse from light to light on the street.
I put Nitto 305s on the factory PP wheels for stealth. :D

Sponsored

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
Is it possible to get good race performance out of the stock 20" wheels?
I have the Ecoboost premium package.
I prefer to have both, style and speed. Thanks!

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
these threads make me miss being turbo'd

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Mike
Or you can just use launch control ;)

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Or you can just use launch control ;)
I have an auto. As far as I know, there is no launch control or anti-lag feature in Cobb for the auto...but if there were, I would most definitely use it. Before I had a brake on my Fairmont, I used launch control to dump timing down to -10 and I could cut low 1.3s off of the footbrake. That car was on MicroSquirt.

Mike

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I have an auto. As far as I know, there is no launch control or anti-lag feature in Cobb for the auto...but if there were, I would most definitely use it. Before I had a brake on my Fairmont, I used launch control to dump timing down to -10 and I could cut low 1.3s off of the footbrake. That car was on MicroSquirt.

Mike

I'm just busting balls! It's about the only thing I can brag about over the autos
;) lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.