Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emco.co.uk
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 E63s AMG, 18MY GT Convertible
My iPhone is paired with my new Mustang, now the Maps app on the phone tells me where my car is. Does that mean there is a factory fitted tracker in every Mustang? If the insurance company insists on a Tracker installed are we doubling up?
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Does it not just tell you where the car is when its connected?
Or if you then move the car does the location change on your map?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
My iPhone is paired with my new Mustang, now the Maps app on the phone tells me where my car is. Does that mean there is a factory fitted tracker in every Mustang? If the insurance company insists on a Tracker installed are we doubling up?
Think you will find it’s just the iPhone marking the location as it does this on my mustang which is a MY16

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I have an AA Car Genie in the OBD socket & that does show where the car is even if the phone was not in the car when locked. It also monitors & warns of any fault codes or low battery charge. The phone does not need to be anywhere near the car as the device has a SIM.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Ford Pass also keeps track of your car. It allows you to start your car with your phone (if you have an auto),lock/unlock your car, check fuel level on your phone, find your car, pre pay parking, schedule maintenance etc.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Pass also keeps track of your car. It allows you to start your car with your phone (if you have an auto),lock/unlock your car, check fuel level on your phone, find your car, pre pay parking, schedule maintenance etc.
Yeah not in the UK.