PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
This is the exact one I ordered off Amazon and it works flawlessly still nearly a year on. The reviews on there speak for themselves.

2 X Car Key Signal Blocker Case, Faraday Pouch for Car Keys Keyless Entry Fob Guard Signal Blocking Pouch Bag, keyless car key signal blocker pouch, Cell Phone Protection Security WIFI / NFC Blocker https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076KZF645/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QtcrCbA5MEAHX

You need to make sure you put the keys in between the two gold layers inside the pouch otherwise it will not work properly !
Thanks. I have a feeling that the general travel RFID pouches may be only good for passports and credit cards and the frequency of the car key needs something better like what you have.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well I took the first RFID pouch back to the store because it would not prevent me from starting the car. It was a Sea to Summit product. I replaced it with a PacSafe pouch and it does not work either. I have tried all individual pockets in these and no good. Tell me, exactly what brands are you guys using that work.
I use a POWR RFID key pouch, got it from Amazon 2 for like a tenner, even with the key in pouch sitting in the cup holders the car was saying "no key detected.

Reactions: PKs

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Well I took the first RFID pouch back to the store because it would not prevent me from starting the car. It was a Sea to Summit product. I replaced it with a PacSafe pouch and it does not work either. I have tried all individual pockets in these and no good. Tell me, exactly what brands are you guys using that work.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/143046824616

I've just got a pair of these. Recommended best buy from Auto Express. They work perfectly. Arrived within a couple of days.

Reactions: PKs

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I have a feeling that the general travel RFID pouches may be only good for passports and credit cards and the frequency of the car key needs something better like what you have.
Peter - I guess you guys have access to Amazon and Ebay - even in OZ? :facepalm: (I love Australia BTW!) - I reckon that's your best bet!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Peter - I guess you guys have access to Amazon and Ebay - even in OZ? :facepalm: (I love Australia BTW!) - I reckon that's your best bet!
Yes Bob, we have the Aus Amazon here now as well as Ebay and they have lots of these key fob pouches. The mistake I was making was buying a lighter RFID pouch from a camping store that appear to be possibly only good for passports and credit cards. Car keys just continue to work through them. Thanks for all your help.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/143046824616

I've just got a pair of these. Recommended best buy from Auto Express. They work perfectly. Arrived within a couple of days.

Have just changed the one i had for nearly 3 years to these, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Car-Key-Signal-Blocker-Case-Faraday-Cage-Fob-Pouch-Keyless-RFID-Blocking-Bag/173358775966?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

they are superb, way better then my old one, even if the pouch is not sealed, as long as the key is inside the pouch, the car will not sense it, even if you are holding the pouch to the door handle or the boot, or sitting in the car

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Happened to flick past the news channel whilst I was in the gym yesterday - they were doing a bit on keyless car theft and actually showed how it worked - as in it was a demonstration by the reporters.

Didn’t have headphones in so can’t tell u what was said but just shows its an ever increasing issue.

Bear minimum should be key fob pouches for all of us, preferably steering wheel lock as well.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Happened to flick past the news channel whilst I was in the gym yesterday - they were doing a bit on keyless car theft and actually showed how it worked - as in it was a demonstration by the reporters.

Didn’t have headphones in so can’t tell u what was said but just shows its an ever increasing issue.
Well basically what happens is...they wait until the driver has gone to the gym...

:wink:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well basically what happens is...they wait until the driver has gone to the gym...

:wink:
the jokes on them, the Mustang has been replaced with a Focus rental :crackup:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have a couple of "Silent Pocket" brand coming. I bought direct from the company in the US as they had a good reduction in price going. I could not decide on any of the others around because they all looked a bit fragile in construction and the main complaint in the reviews was that they worked when first bought but soon thereafter they didn't. This is presumably because the faraday mesh is being rented slightly with use and losing its effectiveness. I guess time will tell if paying a little extra was worth it.
Sponsored