Sponsored

Tracker recovery of a stolen Mustang

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
I was looking at doing a road trip north west UK over Pyrenees to Barcelona,down spanish coast to Gibraltar and up to Santander,ferry back to Plymouth this summer but after doing a lot of research spain looks like hell for tourists driving rental cars let alone a 40k mustang with GB plates.lots of stories of crims doing anything possible to get you to pull over and rob you.40% of all cars stolen in Europe stolen on costas aparently.Dont think i could relax lol so back to the drawing board..
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Can anyone say with any certainty if a RFID pouch/bag will block access to a remote. I have tried it the other way and the remote still signals the car ok.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Does with mine... 6 squid for 2 on Amazon

Are you putting the key in the correct pocket in the pouch?

Not at the front....

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Does with mine... 6 squid for 2 on Amazon

Are you putting the key in the correct pocket in the pouch?

Not at the front....
It's just a smallish travel around the neck pouch that I bought. I thought that each of the three pockets would be RFID. I will have to try other pockets and see how it works. So with yours can you sit in your car with the keys in the RFID and not be able to start the ignition.

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes... I checked this the idiots(me) way... unlocked car... put key back in pouch ... got in car....

panic when car wouldn't start....

until I realised what a tw@t I was and took key out of the pouch again!!!

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Can anyone say with any certainty if a RFID pouch/bag will block access to a remote. I have tried it the other way and the remote still signals the car ok.
I keep my keys in RFID pouches and yes 100% they work. I’ve tried putting the pouch with keys in on the dash inside the car and it still can not detect it on attempting to start the car.

Reactions: PKs

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair there are 2 pockets in each of my pouches.... only the one with faraday screening (extreme fine mesh like nylon) is the rfid one

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yes... I checked this the idiots(me) way... unlocked car... put key back in pouch ... got in car....

panic when car wouldn't start....

until I realised what a tw@t I was and took key out of the pouch again!!!
Thats great to hear, thanks. I will give mine a better try when I get home. If no good I will return to the store with more confidence in what it should be able to do.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well I took the first RFID pouch back to the store because it would not prevent me from starting the car. It was a Sea to Summit product. I replaced it with a PacSafe pouch and it does not work either. I have tried all individual pockets in these and no good. Tell me, exactly what brands are you guys using that work.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Well I took the first RFID pouch back to the store because it would not prevent me from starting the car. It was a Sea to Summit product. I replaced it with a PacSafe pouch and it does not work either. I have tried all individual pockets in these and no good. Tell me, exactly what brands are you guys using that work.
This is the exact one I ordered off Amazon and it works flawlessly still nearly a year on. The reviews on there speak for themselves.

2 X Car Key Signal Blocker Case, Faraday Pouch for Car Keys Keyless Entry Fob Guard Signal Blocking Pouch Bag, keyless car key signal blocker pouch, Cell Phone Protection Security WIFI / NFC Blocker https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076KZF645/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QtcrCbA5MEAHX

You need to make sure you put the keys in between the two gold layers inside the pouch otherwise it will not work properly !

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I just bought the cheapest ones on eBay, think they were ÂŁ2.49 each, work great :thumbsup:
Sponsored