IRS braces

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Why are these silver and not blue like most other steeda parts?
Just ordered my first ever suspension upgrade! Will be doing the "stop the hop" on jack stands. Little worried but after header install, I feel I can do just about anything. Lol
I feel alignment is optional but steeda puts it to cover their a$$? Thoughts?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I will have to ask manufacturing why they went with silver & not blue - great question.

Also, When you are removing and replacing suspension parts, it is pretty important to give the car a performance alignment when you are done - this will ensure everything is aligned correctly & ensures the integrity of the vehicle is not compromised.

For the price of the upgrades, the alignment offers that extra peace of mind.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
NewTekBuzz

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I will have to ask manufacturing why they went with silver & not blue - great question.

Also, When you are removing and replacing suspension parts, it is pretty important to give the car a performance alignment when you are done - this will ensure everything is aligned correctly & ensures the integrity of the vehicle is not compromised.

For the price of the upgrades, the alignment offers that extra peace of mind.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ. I got a call from steve saying my IRS braces were in production and would be shipping Monday with the rest of my parts. Could I slide you some case to paint/powder coat them the same color as the sway bars that I just ordered? That' would make my whole year!
Tim J

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Thanks TJ. I got a call from steve saying my IRS braces were in production and would be shipping Monday with the rest of my parts. Could I slide you some case to paint/powder coat them the same color as the sway bars that I just ordered? That' would make my whole year!
Tim J
blue oxide would be real nice though

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
If you can paint, why not just rattle can the brace?I am doing the subframe bushings by J&M and the BMR cradle lock-out for my 1st. suspension upgrade with an alignment for best front camber.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewTekBuzz

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
If you can paint, why not just rattle can the brace?I am doing the subframe bushings by J&M and the BMR cradle lock-out for my 1st. suspension upgrade with an alignment for best front camber.
I will do this as a last resort. Coyote, is your car lowered?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I too wondered why mine were silver instead of steeda blue
We went with silver metallic by popular demand from our customers.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
No my GT is on stock springs for now, I painted my x-pipe flat black just as a rust preventative measure due to living on the coastal bend of Texas. I've just got started modding the pony, and Steeda will get some of my business for sure.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I like the silver color better and I would have preferred silver sway bars as well. I would consider going back to Steeda sways if they were silver. To me, rattle can spray bombing is not an option, I would want powder coated pieces under the car.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why are these silver and not blue like most other steeda parts?
Just ordered my first ever suspension upgrade! Will be doing the "stop the hop" on jack stands. Little worried but after header install, I feel I can do just about anything. Lol
I feel alignment is optional but steeda puts it to cover their a$$? Thoughts?
Parts have tolerances, meaning that the new part might not precisely match the old part and cause the alignment settings to shift slightly. Even when you bolt the same parts of the suspension back together, you can end up with the alignment shifting simply because of bolt to hole clearances and you didn't get the bolts back in precisely as they were before.

Never mind that a performance-oriented alignment can help optimize the car for your driving if you can describe that to somebody who understands alignment better than "put it in the green and send it out the door".

Silver vs blue? I don't see that mattering as long as all of the new parts are the same color. They aren't in the most readily visible locations anyway.

Norm
Sponsored