Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The only fool proof way I’ve discovered is to have a Sync compatible App already running on the phone then plugged into the USB before firing up the car. Anything else seems to be hit and miss.
This has been a useful thread. I thought it was something I was doing.
I have been finding that having phone unlocked and connected before starting the engine is working for me now.
Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
+1 for crapping out cables causing a problem. I got the short amazon basics ones because they're only a foot long. False economy as both of them have stopped working consistently. I'm going to try the Anker ones next as they've got got fray protection at either end. Mind you, at the rate Sync eats through them I can't see them getting old enough to fray...

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for crapping out cables causing a problem. I got the short amazon basics ones because they're only a foot long. False economy as both of them have stopped working consistently. I'm going to try the Anker ones next as they've got got fray protection at either end. Mind you, at the rate Sync eats through them I can't see them getting old enough to fray...
I use the magnetic ones.
Got it run in to phone holder and makes connecting/disconnecting much easier.