Sponsored

Inventory Question

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
Theres a particular car that Ive been eyeing that has beem sitting on the lot since early December. Do I have some wiggle room to negotiate vs ordering a car?
Sponsored

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT
There's always wiggle room

skiski329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Manual
The longer the car sits on the lot, the more of the value the dealer has to put on it's books. i'm not sure if it's weekly or monthly, but the longer the car is sitting there, the more it cost's them on their balance sheet.

My sales person let me know about this, and it works the same in the line of work i am, the longer we sit on product, then the more we have to put the value on our books.

One thing i would keep in mind is was your car sitting in feet of snow? It probably didn't do damage, but when i went to my dealer in early February they had to dig out a mustang for me to test drive. the snow was halfway up the door, and the breaks had rust spots that will be rubbed off with some breaking in, but another thing that made me go the factory order route was that i didn't want my car to sit in that much snow for months.

OP
OP

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
The car in question is a PP Premium with Navi that stickers for 40k. Its been sitting on the lot since January. Is asking 35k out the door impossible?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
The car in question is a PP Premium with Navi that stickers for 40k. Its been sitting on the lot since January. Is asking 35k out the door impossible?
You can always ask, and they can always say no! :)

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Seems like some areas are selling them for way below invoice and others still act like you can't find one anywhere. Make an offer and if they can't get close, I'm sure someone somewhere within a few hundred miles can get closer to your price if not exactly there.

OP
OP

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
Does anyone know where this particular vehicle is?

1FA6P8CF2F5422888

5.0Fireman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Dealers around me only have 2-3 mustangs on the lot and will most likely not be getting anymore cars until the 16's are available. Dealers always want a few cars for the gotta have don't care how much people. If you can hold out a couple weeks it might save you some $$ on the remaining 15's once the 16's start arriving.
Sponsored