Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Been working on this Boa Constrictor concept for a while now. I was a fan of the Swing that Ford initially released but always though it could be a little more aggressive. On our cars I felt a few things were toned down a little too much. That thought is what drove my concept for the Boa Constrictor.
The Boa is definitely an OEM + concept designed to bolt in the factory locations with no modifications. The top of the Boa has been extended further rearward with a more aggressive angle. The arches at the bottom of the Boa are taller. A small gurney flap has been incorporated into the design to eliminate the need to buy multiple pieces.
I may do some CFD testing in the future but at the moment this is an aesthetic piece based off of Ford's already great engineering. The goal will be to build this out of carbon fiber in both a standard weave and forged carbon.
If you have a GT500/GT350 Swing and plan to go with one in carbon this will be a great option to set your car apart. If you have a GT350/S550 with the track pack or tech package spoiler this will be a solid upgrade too.
Here are a few more pics snagged from inside the shop.

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-01-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-02-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-03-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-04-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-05-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-06-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-07-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-08-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-09-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-10-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-11-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-12-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-13-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-14-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Been working on this Boa Constrictor concept for a while now. I was a fan of the Swing that Ford initially released but always though it could be a little more aggressive. On our cars I felt a few things were toned down a little too much. That thought is what drove my concept for the Boa Constrictor.
The Boa is definitely an OEM + concept designed to bolt in the factory locations with no modifications. The top of the Boa has been extended further rearward with a more aggressive angle. The arches at the bottom of the Boa are taller. A small gurney flap has been incorporated into the design to eliminate the need to buy multiple pieces.
I may do some CFD testing in the future but at the moment this is an aesthetic piece based off of Ford's already great engineering. The goal will be to build this out of carbon fiber in both a standard weave and forged carbon.
If you have a GT500/GT350 Swing and plan to go with one in carbon this will be a great option to set your car apart. If you have a GT350/S550 with the track pack or tech package spoiler this will be a solid upgrade too.
Here are a few more pics snagged from inside the shop.

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-01-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-02-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-03-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-04-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-05-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-06-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-07-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-08-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-09-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-10-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-11-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-12-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-13-jpg.jpg

boa-constrictor-rear-spoiler-14-jpg.jpg
When will you start taking deposits for these?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
@Speedbump Once I have production costs known I will likely do a small batch of 10 pre-order. After that I will open it up

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Terrance, Let me know when the pre-order is open. I'm going to have you put me in on that if there's one available

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So from the looks of what I see, you have turned a swing (spoiler and a wing) into a spoiler with 2 vents.

Is that about right? Since no aerodynamic testing has been done, do you know what it is?
Sponsored