Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
McQueen Racing and Steeda Performance Vehicles are delighted to announce an exciting new phase in their ongoing partnership. They are introducing a captivating lineup of limited-edition, high-performance vehicles under the McQueen Racing brand. This collaboration builds upon their successful association, highlighted by the iconic Steve McQueen Bullitt Mustang.

Checkout the full overview here:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Any hard data derived during this build such as 1/4 mile et and mph? How about a top speed run? Has the transmission been upgraded?

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Special Note to Owners of 2019/2020 Black Bullitt Mustangs
McQueen Racing acknowledges the feedback from owners of black Bullitt Mustangs who were previously unable to modify their vehicles under the Steve McQueen Bullitt Edition Program. As part of this new program, owners of those vehicles will now have the exclusive opportunity to enhance their cars and join the official McQueen Racing Team.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Any hard data derived during this build such as 1/4 mile et and mph? How about a top speed run? Has the transmission been upgraded?
Haven't seen anything about your car lately.
Have you had a chance to make any passes in your car this summer?

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Haven't seen anything about your car lately.
Have you had a chance to make any passes in your car this summer?
I’ve been to the track a few times this summer. While I had been focused on making NA passes only (have ran several 12.30 passes), I decided to spray the car just to make sure that my ProMax nitrous controller was programmed correctly and ready to go. Well, I made two passes last week and on the first pass, the ProMax did it’s job and didn’t allow the car to spray because of the high and low fuel pressure fuel parameters that I had programmed into it (77 psi low limit and 88 psi high limit). The fuel pressure fluctuated dropping below and climbing above those set parameters. In addition, the bottle pressure was above it’s set parameter of 950 psi, so that also prevented the solenoids from firing. I was trying to get it purged down as I approached the staging beams, but the pressure continued to climb because the heater was still on. Either way, it still wouldn’t have sprayed because all safety parameters weren’t being met.

The second pass was similar to the first one, although the nitrous did fire intermittently because, but very briefly because the programmed fuel and bottle pressure parameters still weren’t being met consistently.

I did manage to data log both runs and have been studying them ever since last week. Here are some screenshots of those logs. If you look at the numbers to the left of the graph, you’ll see why the nitrous didn’t spray.

IMG_5488.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

Yesterday I spent some time reconfiguring the ProMax (reset low/high limit fuel pressures) and took the car out for a quick test hit on an isolated road and it worked just as it should have. Here’s a screenshot of that data log. Notice the orange tracer (which is showing that nitrous was spraying in gears 1-3). I’m planning on going back to the track tomorrow and see if I can make a clean nitrous pass, so stay tuned.

IMG_5498.jpeg

Long story stop is, I hadn’t sprayed the car for over two years and back then when I sprayed it, I had turned off many of the safety features, so that I could get good logs for my tuner at Lund and again when on the dyno to make sure I could get a successful nitrous pull since I had paid for the dyno. Overall, this was a good learning experience for me and something that I was going to have to contend with and get sorted out no matter what.

Last edited:

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Thankyou for the response, btw.

Id like to ask an unrelated question to your thorough response...

How much power (estimated) are you spraying during this testing phase?
Not much while working the bugs out, I'd guess.

Do you have access to a locap dyno facility that will cooperate w/testing small/ reasonable amts of Sniff while on the roller?

I've enjoyed reading of your program developing.
đź‘Ť

PS. If you post sny more pics of the data logger screen, going forward. Could you turn off the Fuel pressure channel,& any others, so its a bit easier to see the rpm graph details. I have an interst in the graph as it relates to the
"between gear changes recovery rates & clutch slippage"
to grasp the clutch function.

I don't get to look at clutch/manual trans related graphs to often anymore. Since Bruno's/Quickdrives as well as other automatics engulf more and more programs ea yr for the obvious reasons.0

I use to once enjoy getting the static & dynamic plate loads dialed in.
It can be a challenge on a somewhat continually floating point of ideal congruencey.
Is this a diaphragm style clutch in the car btw?

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thankyou for the response, btw.

Id like to ask an unrelated question to your thorough response...

How much power (estimated) are you spraying during this testing phase?
Not much while working the bugs out, I'd guess.

Do you have access to a locap dyno facility that will cooperate w/testing small/ reasonable amts of Sniff while on the roller?

I've enjoyed reading of your program developing.
đź‘Ť

PS. If you post sny more pics of the data logger screen, going forward. Could you turn off the Fuel pressure channel,& any others, so its a bit easier to see the rpm graph details. I have an interst in the graph as it relates to the
"between gear changes recovery rates & clutch slippage"
to grasp the clutch function.

I don't get to look at clutch/manual trans related graphs to often anymore. Since Bruno's/Quickdrives as well as other automatics engulf more and more programs ea yr for the obvious reasons.0

I use to once enjoy getting the static & dynamic plate loads dialed in.
It can be a challenge on a somewhat continually floating point of ideal congruencey.
Is this a diaphragm style clutch in the car btw?
I ramped the nitrous in at 50% for the first 0.75 seconds and progressively increased in increments of 10% over the remaining 0.75 seconds for a max hit of 150 hp, which was actually made 170 rwhp on the dyno.

I don’t have access to a dyno like that. It’s kind of a PITA to pull the nitrous and fuel jets to play with smaller shots. When Brandon at Lund tuned me, he had me start out on the 100 hp jetting and work up to the 150 hp jetting.

My clutch is a diaphragm style twin disc.

I’ll PM you the data log without all of the other tracers active. Do you just want rpm or rpm and nitrous?

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It was my understanding that the Bullitt came with the Tremec. That’s why I was wondering why it needed to be upgraded.
The 2019-2020 Bullitts have the MT82-D4 transmission.
Sponsored