Interior

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Has anybody had any of the hard plastics, door cards or dash top trimmed in leather ?
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Dash top gets half grain leather with the premium pack in LHD markets but sadly we don't get it.

Dash tops would be difficult to do well I think, without a lot of dismantling work. Likewise door cards

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Did the doors on mine, feels a lot better but looks wise you would have to know it didn't come this way to appreciate it. Personally i think my money might have been better spent elsewhere.

OP
OP

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Did the doors on mine, feels a lot better but looks wise you would have to know it didn't come this way to appreciate it. Personally i think my money might have been better spent elsewhere.
Do you have photos, and if you don't mind me asking, was it very costly ?

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
So sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. Broken arm day after last post then lockdown prep for my business. Pics for you
34EA8A04-5BA8-401A-A4CF-FFAE1B0ECF75.jpeg

Sponsored

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It looks and feels more premium but for the same cost I could have got a huge horse power upgrade.

headrests are my favourite interior mod.
E0391D07-D92A-4C32-86A1-AC1409E06A93.jpeg

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did my dash in "fake" alcantara. Bought some real alcantara but when I had everything ready to go it became apparent you really needed to know what you were doing with it to get a good result. So I went fake...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oxford-white-gt.38689/page-51

Halfway down that page with the close-ups of it freshly detailed. That stuff is like suede cost less than a tenner for the whole lot.

I had enquired with a professional auto-upholsterer about a price to do my door cards with the alcantara I had already bought along with the wee kick panels on the transmission tunnel...it was north of £500. I laughed all the way home and then did it myself.

Anyway, I thought you were getting rid...?

OP
OP

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Did my dash in "fake" alcantara. Bought some real alcantara but when I had everything ready to go it became apparent you really needed to know what you were doing with it to get a good result. So I went fake...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oxford-white-gt.38689/page-51

Halfway down that page with the close-ups of it freshly detailed. That stuff is like suede cost less than a tenner for the whole lot.

I had enquired with a professional auto-upholsterer about a price to do my door cards with the alcantara I had already bought along with the wee kick panels on the transmission tunnel...it was north of £500. I laughed all the way home and then did it myself.

Anyway, I thought you were getting rid...?
Yes, keep thinking about getting rid of it, then change my mind and start thinking I will keep it and do some more upgrades.
Sponsored