GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The OE fits better, mine doesn't wobble anything like that, so Steeda's is actually worse than OE
Sponsored

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
The OE fits better, mine doesn't wobble anything like that, so Steeda's is actually worse than OE
Mine doesn't wobble either - but we've both got MY16 cars: perhaps the OE in the 2018 model does have a wobble, along with its droopy face :lol:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I spoke to manufacturing & they investigated it ... the OE piece we looked at on the 2018 has as much play in it as your video.

We are not looking to revise at this time.

Best Regards,

TJ
Very, very strange attitude.

Surely you are killing any future sales on this item.... This thread deserves to be more widely seen.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The product performs better than the OE latch and is manufactured to the same specs as the OE latch. Based on sales and the feedback we have received - less this thread, we feel there is not reason to revise at this time.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's the second Steeda product I've bought and not been happy with.The product description needs to be changed, I was led to believe it fitted all 15-17 Mustangs.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Iā€™m not a fan of Steeda. I got a strut tower brace and wasnā€™t happy with the nuts provided and how they "covered" the mounting holes in the brace. At the recommended torque they ā€bitā€ into the holes. I couldnā€™t use the original flange nuts as the supplied spacers raised the brace and only the Steeda nuts could be used.

I took it off and put the Ford Performance GT350R brace on with new flanged nuts - much better, looks OEM.

That response from them is not satisfactory and wouldnā€™t encourage me to try any other of their products.

Last edited:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I spoke to manufacturing & they investigated it ... the OE piece we looked at on the 2018 has as much play in it as your video.
The product performs better than the OE latch...
Errr...huh? How does it do that then when it's as sloppy as the OEM? :shrug:

Have to say I'm not surprised. I bought a Steeda strut brace before I even got my car which was one of the first in the country and as we all know the RHD K-brace is different to the LHD so it didn't fit.

Many emails back and forth with Steeda including lots of pics and measuring to be told to send it back. To the USA. Not their problem I live in the UK but it was a right pain the arse to even get them to acknowledge there was an issue and it took so long I just sold it to someone in Germany. No apology, no "thanks for bringing this to our attention", nothing.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I made sure I left an honest review on the retailer's web site :)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Iā€™m not a fan of Steeda. I got a strut tower brace and wasnā€™t happy with the nuts provided and how they "covered" the mounting holes in the brace. At the recommended torque they ā€bitā€ into the holes. I couldnā€™t use the original flange nuts as the supplied spacers raised the brace and only the Steeda nuts could be used.

I took it off and put the Ford Performance GT350R brace on with new flanged nuts - much better, looks OEM.

That response from them is not satisfactory and wouldnā€™t encourage me to try any other of their products.
I did exactly the same.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, have these things improved ? I was interested in one for a birthday pressie from family but now I am not so sure ... :frown:

WD :like:

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I almost bought one last year, but decided it wasn't worth it, if the OEM breaks before warranty, I'm ok, I still have another 1 1/2yers on my warranty. after that changing this part might be worth it.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It works if you don't mind super gluing washers to bolster the fitting - it does cause a ball ache if you need to remove it though.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It works if you don't mind super gluing washers to bolster the fitting - it does cause a ball ache if you need to remove it though.
Yeah I really kind of like them but they are expensive and for that kind of money they should really be perfect 'as supplied' - I already spend too much time messing around with things before I fit them ... lol

Cheers,

WD :like:
Sponsored