Interior Gauge and Display Brightness

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
My only real source of frustration with the 2016 GT 400A is this:

When it gets dark and my headlights turn on automatically, my interior gauge and nav screen, etc light scheme switches to Night Mode (or whatever you want to call it). That's all well and good, but the problem is, Night Mode always defaults to Max Brightness and I like the interior pretty dark, closer to Max Dimness, when it's dark outside. I don't want to be blinded by my nav screen or gauge cluster when I am peering out the windshield trying not to hit deer.

I can click the +/- buttons near the headlight switch to turn it all down, but I have to do this every time it gets dark which is really annoying. I have not found any controls in the gauge cluster or nav screen that permanently correct this so my last setting remains.

Any help?
Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Turn off auto headlights and only turn them on when you need them.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I would love to be able to use full brightness of the dash when the lights are on.
When I drive to work in the morning or going home, the sun is in my eyes and people can't see cars in front of them due to glare. It's preferred to have the lights on. Also, I wear sunglasses but the dash is so dark I can't see what speed I am going. A lot of cars would let you have full brightness when the lights are turned on.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I would love to be able to use full brightness of the dash when the lights are on.
When I drive to work in the morning or going home, the sun is in my eyes and people can't see cars in front of them due to glare. It's preferred to have the lights on. Also, I wear sunglasses but the dash is so dark I can't see what speed I am going. A lot of cars would let you have full brightness when the lights are turned on.
If the sun is in your eyes then it sounds like it might not be night time.....in which case you would manually switch on your headlights.

When it is dark outside, I do not want the gauge/display brightness to default to full bright, that's all.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Is there a button to turn the big screen off? I new in the 12 I had you could turn the display off.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Is there a button to turn the big screen off? I new in the 12 I had you could turn the display off.
No you can't. You need the screen for the A/C stuff.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If the sun is in your eyes then it sounds like it might not be night time.....in which case you would manually switch on your headlights.

When it is dark outside, I do not want the gauge/display brightness to default to full bright, that's all.
Yes, manually but the dash is too dim even at max brightness which is about half as bright as when lights are off.
What they should've done is having full brightness available at all times except switch to half brightness or just have custom brightness in each mode.

OP
OP

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Yes, manually but the dash is too dim even at max brightness which is about half as bright as when lights are off.
What they should've done is having full brightness available at all times except switch to half brightness or just have custom brightness in each mode.
Seems like something a BCM flash could fix....

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Seems like something a BCM flash could fix....
A lot of things can be improved with a little programming such as custom gauges and four gauges on one screen.

SF-2015 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO Recaros
And, the digital speedometer, like the GT350 has. Thanks, Santa!

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
First world problems. The struggle is real.
:lol:Now that is funny actually

In all seriousness to the OP though: I had the same problem.
1. The brightness level for "night mode" IS adjustable. I changed mine. Actually adjusted it too low and now have the opposite problem. Car defaults to night mode as my garage is dark when I pull out, then in bright sun, the rear camera display is difficult to see. But its just a matter of readjusting it a little.
2. You can also turn off the Nav display completely. Often I like to do this at night, much less distracting.

I don't recall exactly where in the menus the options are, but I found them both just playing around with it at stoplights on the way home from work one night.