Sponsored

Intake mani's, I know I know...

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hello all, been a while since I was more active on here. Stopped modding my S550 and am working on my ls swapped sn95. Anyways, I have a GT350 mani with bolt ons L&M intake cams. I'm seriously debating swapping to a cobra jet. Anyone in the last 2 years swapped and seen much of a benefit? Yes I have seen AED's video and as many racing vids that I could find. Also what do you guys think a GT350 mani/tb is worth? Thanks.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If you're spinning to 8000+ or trying to eek out every hp possible out of the setup, then yes go with the CJ. It's undoubtedly the king of hp in the coyote world.

However if you're sticking with more modest RPMs (eg. under 7500) then you won't see *that* much gain to be really worthwhile for the cost. But again that depends on whether this is just a fun car or you're actually out there racing every weekend for large sums of cash in which case every single hp matters and you have to pay to play.

You can probably get $500 for your GT350 manifold and not much for the throttle body since many tuners try to stay away from it and thus not much demand from owners.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Majority of people on here are running 2018 manifolds. It's hard to beat $ to performance against the others. Cobra Jet is in another league though with the right cams.

OP
OP

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yea, its just a summer fun car for me. I just recently paid it off and have my winter car for daily duty if need be. I know the CJ is better but it appears the 350 mani isn't worth shit. Its hard to justify the 1k+ it would likely cost me between parts and tuning to do it. $500 might be worth it but no more than that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You have cams already CJ or bust!!
I would like to, but if I can only sell my GT350 mani for $500 it's not worth it. The cobra jet stuff would probably cost about $1500 buying used.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
The cj mani its self is 1k cheapest ive found anywhere is ford auto nation white bear lake parts.
Sponsored