Sponsored

Insurance (sorry it's not an exciting post)

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
I'm with Ford insurance... policy just gone up 25% on renewal and no changes in my circumstances (apart from being older and greyer)
Adrian Flux was more!
Any recommendations... don't just want the cheapest - want a quality service.
Thanks!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just go on confused.com and fill in details how the hell did ford work out cheapest for you in the first place they wanted 17 grand to insure mine (no thats not a typo) it currently costs me £280 fully comp am with morethan at moment.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
A plan

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Any one got a multi car policy? I might have to get another loan if I can’t sell my boxster and keep it

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
In my experience there's little or no saving with multicar policies, you get a better deal shopping around , On advice from a range rover forum I contacted A plan Thatcham branch mentioning I was a member of the forum, at the time I had a Maserati 4200 and a MX5 , they were £150 under my best online quote on the 4200 and about £80 on the MX5 but said i was better off leaving the range rover policy running as the surrender fees would make it more expensive

01635 874646, it's worth giving them a ring

Sponsored

Cypress98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 5.0 GT Auto
I'm with Ford insurance... policy just gone up 25% on renewal and no changes in my circumstances (apart from being older and greyer)
Adrian Flux was more!
Any recommendations... don't just want the cheapest - want a quality service.
Thanks!
Hi,

If your looking for quality service try NFU, they provide everything you could want including a replacement car if written off in the first 2 years.

There is a limit on the number of shotgun cartridges that you can carry at any one time though :D :D :D

Paul;

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
just go on confused.com and fill in details how the hell did ford work out cheapest for you in the first place they wanted 17 grand to insure mine (no thats not a typo) it currently costs me £280 fully comp am with morethan at moment.
I carried on with the Ford insurance after I bought the car as it was a good price. Last year it went up but they reduced it when I told them I was leaving. This year I told them I was going to leave and they said 'bye then'...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I carried on with the Ford insurance after I bought the car as it was a good price. Last year it went up but they reduced it when I told them I was leaving. This year I told them I was going to leave and they said 'bye then'...
haha they must really like you (or just hate people in doncaster either/or) i got their 7 days free when i picked the car up then they rang for renewal and i almost shit myself it was half the value of the car. Whereas it cost me £20 to stick it on my existing policy for 3 months until that expired then first year i renewed it with a-plan they were £320 2nd year they did the usual 400% markup for repeat customers so i just confused it and morethan came out considerably cheaper.

LMLP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertable
I'm with the the AA, they're 5 star defacto rated but luckily I haven't really had much interaction with them other than getting the policy. I just used the four comparison sites, there were some differences in the prices each site had for essentially the same policy so it was worth the extra 20 minutes or so it took me to fill in the same information four times.

I didn't notice any real difference in the quotes I got for the Mustang compared to the normal cars I've insured, they ranged from reasonable to why don't you take a kidney as well. :crackup:

Sponsored

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for A Plan, just renewed both my s197 and s550 with them and got further discounts for doing them together.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i'm with Aviva they allow mods too just added my roush exhaust using the trouble free online system, no changes to premium so i'm insured with mods :thumbsup:.

Aviva were cheapest for me as i got caught speeding last year :stop:... in my Kia.... :crazy:.

i'm 30 with 8 years NCB & 3pts premium is approx £800 with Protected no claims

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i'm with Aviva they allow mods too just added my roush exhaust using the trouble free online system, no changes to premium so i'm insured with mods :thumbsup:.

Aviva were cheapest for me as i got caught speeding last year :stop:... in my Kia.... :crazy:.

i'm 30 with 8 years NCB & 3pts premium is approx £800 with Protected no claims

see this is why insurance companies are bullshit they just make up random numbers until someone pays them.
Aviva refuse to insure me. Not quote silly just flat out refuse.

I'm 40 with 23 years no claims discount (never claimed since I passed) with no speeding points/fines ever in 23 years. They just make shit up I swear if ever an industry was ripe for requiring regulation its the insurance industry.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
see this is why insurance companies are bullshit they just make up random numbers until someone pays them.
Aviva refuse to insure me. Not quote silly just flat out refuse.

I'm 40 with 23 years no claims discount (never claimed since I passed) with no speeding points/fines ever in 23 years. They just make shit up I swear if ever an industry was ripe for requiring regulation its the insurance industry.
I have a multicar policy with Aviva for the wife's ST and my daily however they refused to cover any more than 5 mods on the Mustang so it came off. I pointed out they were covering 6 already at the time, so they refused to cover any more than 6 mods.
With A-Plan now however they have a £500 max glass payout so will likely be changing at renewal.
Sponsored