Sponsored

Insurance

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red ecoboost with custon pack
i'm considering having my ecoboost tuned and was wondering how much I could expect my premium to rise. i'm currently paying 303 and a comparison site threw up 1524!
For those that have tuned and informed your insurer what was the price difference?
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
You'll probably need to add some information about yourself; age, location etc (I see Glasgow in your profile).

These things are never exact; some companies won't touch you with spacers, yet others will - and so premiums are subjective.

What kind of tuning are you doing? Intercooler? Bigger turbo? Exhaust? Lots of options that'll again vary your premium.

OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I realise there will always be differences. I'm being quoted 5 times my premium for a cat-back and CAI/Ford pro-cal tune. Just wondering what others experiences have been with quotes.

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
When I tuned my GT I phoned A Plan at Thatcham and told them. The guy asked me what the increase in HP was. I wasn't too sure so just said roughly 30-40. So he said ok then 30 quid extra. If I'd known he was gonna ask that I'd said it was now 200 HP less. :lol:

OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the kind of increase I'd be happy with! Are you on a limited mileage with A-plan? They quoted me 460 for a stock ecoboost and said they couldn't get anywhere near admiral.

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
That's the kind of increase I'd be happy with! Are you on a limited mileage with A-plan? They quoted me 460 for a stock ecoboost and said they couldn't get anywhere near admiral.
8000 I put mine at. May have to up it a tad before renewal the way I'm going.
Sponsored