Sponsored

Installing a locked out 18 manifold on a boosted 2018

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The IMRC's on my procharged 18 are broken, I found an 18 manifold locally with them locked out.

Couple of questions:
-What do I do with the open port in the back of the manifold where the IRMC hose goes?
-Which port do I need to leave open in the front?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The IMRC's on my procharged 18 are broken, I found an 18 manifold locally with them locked out.

Couple of questions:
-What do I do with the open port in the back of the manifold where the IRMC hose goes?
-Which port do I need to leave open in the front?
Manual car?

Cap every port except three on the front: one big one for pass side PCV, one used for Evap and one used for brake booster.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Manual car?

Cap every port except three on the front: one big one for pass side PCV, one used for Evap and one used for brake booster.
Do you really need to cap off those ports if they are unused or is it simply to just keep out junk like dust?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you really need to cap off those ports if they are unused or is it simply to just keep out junk like dust?
Unless you like vacuum leaks, yes :like:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Unless you like vacuum leaks, yes :like:
Lol, I left mine undone. No issues with it with the back cap and front cap unplugged. Probably because I'm not boosted?

Regardless, I'll probably cap them just because.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I left mine undone. No issues with it with the back cap and front cap unplugged. Probably because I'm not boosted?

Regardless, I'll probably cap them just because.
I definitely would cap the front one. The back one is the supply of vacuum to the IMRC solenoid, so nothing will happen if you don't cap that one (but I would anyway). The front one will allow air to go into the engine that the MAF isn't measuring. This will affect your trims quite a bit.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I definitely would cap the front one. The back one is the supply of vacuum to the IMRC solenoid, so nothing will happen if you don't cap that one (but I would anyway). The front one will allow air to go into the engine that the MAF isn't measuring. This will affect your trims quite a bit.
Might explain why my logs have been going a bit rich. I'll get them all capped.

I also unplugged my knock sensors. How I allow myself to work on my own car I wonder sometimes. I have to go back and plug the harness back in this evening.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The front port that is horizontal into the intake is just the connection internally to the rear port. uncapped no probs.
Sponsored