Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
When you pair a lower thermostat with an aftermarket tune. The tune can be set to turn on the fans earlier and take advantage of the lower thermostat opening sooner. It will keep cylinder head, and under hood temps down. By keeping the temps down the car will be less likely to pull timing and therefore will not lose any power.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So how does this work. And benifits?
When you pair a lower thermostat with an aftermarket tune. The tune can be set to turn on the fans earlier and take advantage of the lower thermostat opening sooner. It will keep cylinder head, and under hood temps down. By keeping the temps down the car will be less likely to pull timing and therefore will not lose any power.
Thank you [MENTION=12831]Mikeg4572[/MENTION]! I could not have explained it any better myself!:cheers:

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
Damn, if I'd known about these when I spent twice as much for the Reische 170 I probably would have installed it instead lol.

I seriously had a heard time spending the ridiculously high $70 for a thermostat, and I come from a background working on M3 track cars.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
For those of us that drive on the more spirited side our 160° EvenFlo thermostat is an inexpensive mod that lets your car run far more happily. There are zero negatives even in an insanely cold climate like us here in Michigan. We routinely see actual temps below 0°F in winter, and heat is still fully functioning!
Sponsored