MM777

Waiting for Feb 2017
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT, Manual, Magnetic
When I start driving the Sat Nav shows an incorrect position (sometimes by several km's) or my car is travelling backwards on the screen (or both). It doesn't matter if I am using WAZE on Apple Car-play either, it's still craptacular. Often it will correct after driving for 30min or so. Has anyone else had this issue with Sync 3?
Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Waze doesn't lock on at all with me. Google maps works perfectly fine. Id like to be able to use waze

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Any chance you changed tires and now have a different tire diameter?

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Dont forget that down here the water circles round the plug hole in the opposite direction to what these yanks are used to, too

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
When I start driving the Sat Nav shows an incorrect position (sometimes by several km's) or my car is travelling backwards on the screen (or both). It doesn't matter if I am using WAZE on Apple Car-play either, it's still craptacular. Often it will correct after driving for 30min or so. Has anyone else had this issue with Sync 3?
Same problem on my Sync 3. If I run Google maps - Google maps works - but if I’ve keyed my original destination into Sync 3 I can get 2 sets of instructions being announced to me.
Not game enough to follow factory reset videos on YouTube
Ford dealer for 3 year service. They reckon it’s an antenna issue. Naturally I’ve gotta go back next week.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Something to try... I have this problem twice a year on my Ford Fusion when I change to winter rims and back to summer. I have to disconnect the battery for 30 seconds each season because the GPS gets all messed up. Don't know why. That's the way it is. Something to do with tire diameters or the tire pressure sensors. Try the battery trick. Worth a shot?

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Update: just figured something out.

When i wake up my phone, i.e unlock it, waze locks on and works perfectly. However the issue is when the phone goes back to sleep after a minute, waze stops working. Must be a setting in the waze app or Android.

OP
OP
MM777

MM777

Waiting for Feb 2017
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Same problem on my Sync 3. If I run Google maps - Google maps works - but if I’ve keyed my original destination into Sync 3 I can get 2 sets of instructions being announced to me.
Not game enough to follow factory reset videos on YouTube
Ford dealer for 3 year service. They reckon it’s an antenna issue. Naturally I’ve gotta go back next week.
I would be very interested to hear the outcome after you visit the dealer...hopefully it is a simple fix.

OP
OP
MM777

MM777

Waiting for Feb 2017
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Something to try... I have this problem twice a year on my Ford Fusion when I change to winter rims and back to summer. I have to disconnect the battery for 30 seconds each season because the GPS gets all messed up. Don't know why. That's the way it is. Something to do with tire diameters or the tire pressure sensors. Try the battery trick. Worth a shot?
Thanks Todd, I'll give this a go tonight.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Picked my car up yesterday. Was in lockdown over Easter. Dealer said it needed new wiring loom - antennae on boot wasn’t working -vert.
I let them have it as long as required; seats and trim out - new loom from dash to antennae.

Worked perfectly on way home. Checked lights, climate control/AC - all seems good as well.

Sponsored

scollist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback, 1965 Fastback
Picked my car up yesterday. Was in lockdown over Easter. Dealer said it needed new wiring loom - antennae on boot wasn’t working -vert.
I let them have it as long as required; seats and trim out - new loom from dash to antennae.

Worked perfectly on way home. Checked lights, climate control/AC - all seems good as well.
Wiring loom to boot is known problem - did they fix it under warranty? More detail is in this issue of the MOCA Vic Mustang Roundup magazine - Page 43
http://vic.mustang.org.au/images/roundup/MOCA VIC BULLETIN SUMMER 2019.pdf

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Wiring loom to boot is known problem - did they fix it under warranty? More detail is in this issue of the MOCA Vic Mustang Roundup magazine - Page 43
http://vic.mustang.org.au/images/roundup/MOCA VIC BULLETIN SUMMER 2019.pdf
Thx for that. Interesting read on fabric roof cleaning. Not sure about Bowdens. I contacted our US friends who’ve had verts forever - seemed to all like a pair of 303 products - cleaning and waterproofing - that are available here.

couldn’t find the loom article. What page is it?

Done under warranty. Nearly three years now. I got a Ford Factory six year Warranty when I purchased it.
Must compliment my dealer. Good rapport, had servicing carried out there and few minor issues I’ve had - they’ve repaired/replaced first time, every time.

scollist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback, 1965 Fastback
Thx for that. Interesting read on fabric roof cleaning. Not sure about Bowdens. I contacted our US friends who’ve had verts forever - seemed to all like a pair of 303 products - cleaning and waterproofing - that are available here.

couldn’t find the loom article. What page is it?
The article is on Page 43 - there are pictures of the boot wiring harness there (it actually starts on Page 41 under the heading "Bonus #2").

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
The article is on Page 43 - there are pictures of the boot wiring harness there (it actually starts on Page 41 under the heading "Bonus #2").
Oh good thanks for that. The whole 40 odd page magazine are across 33 Screen pages. I wasn’t careful enough. All good, thank you.
Sponsored